Starting Quelling+Blight Stone+6x tangos

First Buy - Mana Booties
Second Buy - Javelin into Maelstrom
Third Buy - Mjollnir
Fourth Buy - Disassemble mana boots for Bloodstone
Fifth Buy - Aghanims Scepter/Aghs Shard

2 Likes

Why mjolnir

Do you feel strange in laning stage with nothing protective on the hero - no stats, no armor

I have been buying the 200g armor ring - not used to not having stout shield & want to be able to big dick and run at people

You need Mjollnir active to maximize Bloodstone lifesteal.

You don't need armor or anything when you have max kraken shell by level 11.

Neutral items = armor slot most the times.

2 Likes

This build can also be identically used on Warlock as well.

The only difference is that you cast Mjollnir active on the Golem instead of your hero.

He's not being properly pressured in his bracket

I'll elaborate a little.

Some games I go vanguard earlier on after mana boots/maelstrom.

Some games I go rush Mjollnir.

What is probably optimal is Maelstrom > Bloodstone > mjollnir.

Still testing.

ah yes just building a whole ass mjolllnir on tide

reasonable

1 Like

you could only do this as a 1 and i just dont think you are outcarrying any ranged hero, you are nearly a melee creep without ravage

imagining playing a mjollnir carry tide against a tb who just bkb meta mantad or a skadi dusa made me very sad

like the only novel thing about this build is the sustain with spell life-steal, except every carry buys satanic these days so it’s not even an advantage

I think the essential question to me is whether an early maelstrom vs an early blink is performant and the answer in games I've played is definitely no. Blink changes the threat level of the hero significantly and changes teamfight/catch dynamics of the game.

The case where you could justify getting a farming item/farming a big item before blink would be a game with 0 teamfights/ganking, just β– β– β– β– β– β–  ricing, and you plan to just stall forever

In which case I'd get an aghs to depush waves/defend hg (even still - don't you want a blink to defend hg?) But the question is basically - if you are not getting any gold from hero kills/teamfights, can you buy a big farming item? Then if you can buy a farming item, can you go into this build that comes online after 2 5k gold items?

Ultimately it's just like: OK cool interaction maybe i'd buy this at the end of a 50 minute game. I like the bloodstone/spell lifesteal idea on tide. But in practical games that purchase ends up being a shivas and nobody hits me anyways because they are ravaged/slowed/running away / it's the tankiest hero on the map who's hitting a tide in teamfight.

Actually this is the fundamental flaw with mjollnir. Who the fuck is hitting a mjollnir active/bloodstone tidehunter in these teamfights?

In short we are going to need a whole game recorded with commentary Numeta. Thanks in advance

2 Likes

I think the essential question to me is whether an early maelstrom vs an early blink is performant and the answer in games I've played is definitely no. Blink changes the threat level of the hero significantly and changes teamfight/catch dynamics of the game.

The case where you could justify getting a farming item/farming a big item before blink would be a game with 0 teamfights/ganking, just β– β– β– β– β– β–  ricing, and you plan to just stall forever

In which case I'd get an aghs to depush waves/defend hg (even still - don't you want a blink to defend hg?) But the question is basically - if you are not getting any gold from hero kills/teamfights, can you buy a big farming item? Then if you can buy a farming item, can you go into this build that comes online after 2 5k gold items?

Ultimately it's just like: OK cool interaction maybe i'd buy this at the end of a 50 minute game. I like the bloodstone/spell lifesteal idea on tide. But in practical games that purchase ends up being a shivas and nobody hits me anyways because they are ravaged/slowed/running away / it's the tankiest hero on the map who's hitting a tide in teamfight.

Actually this is the fundamental flaw with mjollnir. Who the fuck is hitting a mjollnir active/bloodstone tidehunter in these teamfights?

In short we are going to need a whole game recorded with commentary Numeta. Thanks in advance

3 Likes

2 Likes

xDDDDDD

So the problem with the build is actually that Kraken Shell is too strong, and thus actually making Mjollnir weaker.

The big brain tactic is to keep the kraken shell at level 1, and do not take the +40 dmg kraken shell talent.

By doing so, you cause Mjollnir to proc like 300% more. The procs are decided by attacks that deal +5 or more, so if you bring everything to zero you lose procs.

By keeping the kraken shell at level 2 or 3 and not taking the kraken shell talent, you amplify your mjollnir procs by a large amount.

I did leave a bit out of the build so here is the total build order.

Quelling > Blight > ring of prot > regen after bounties

Mana boots > Orb of Corrosion (this is how you slow your target with oov)

Maelstrom > Point booster (for mana boots activation dropping) > Mjollnir

Mana boots >> OoC >> Maelstrom > Point Booster > Agh Shard > Mjollnir

Yes this is what I was thinking. I like the orb of corrosion add. I also think you should max gush early if you're getting kills (combos well with the OoC - new item for me thanks for the suggestion, build is starting to come together). Ofc you'll have to max smash if you have to rice/getting butt blasted but having the high gush can be good also if you adapt the build and rush scepter in a very bad game. But the flexibility from keeping kraken shell at lower levels works out - it is a great synergy.

I was going to try this build today but I forgot. Will let you know when I get a chance to see how it goes

In the old days of tide you would max smash, stack ancients, just try not to feed in the offlane, then farm your stack and be online with mana boots blink

I noticed in my games now there is a ton of kill potential in the offlane so now I am leveling gush and brawling - not sure if this is because I just came back and playing with bad players or a general meta shift to 2-1-2 and brawling offlanes. But it's definitely fun to bully a melee carry out of lane

I think you should start with a wind lace and ring of prot after bounties. Going to try the oov / blight, sounds funny. Do they stack in this patch?

They do not stack, neither oov or blight stone. Wind Lace is a good buy to be honest since we can never outfit phase boots even though they are so nice on tide.

Also noticed something which you have probably posted in your threads which is that fatal bonds right now (and maybe always) is straight β– β– β– β– β– β– β– β– 

I'll assume that expletive means awful? LOL yes fatal bonds is still terrible.

The only viability is with shadow amuleting on repeat with a support build