New Tide build!

No it's bonkers. It's really good

The slow is very good, the damage is really lack luster.

As for Aghanims on Tide - it can be good but without Bloodstone to upkeep the necessary mana it's hard to deal with mana problems.

Aghs is specifically really good when you're defending hg and you can just go hit fountain real quick for mana

if you get Bloodstone it allows you to offensively spit them out and just Bloodstone + Ultimate to get full mana back

Let me play and see if I ever find a situation where I seriously need mana + health renewal. That's my main thought on bloodstone. I usually just blow my load & run at people in fights

There is no such thing as "mana issues" in Dota anymore.

I highly disagree playing Tidehunter

Ok after about 30 more matches I have changed the build.

Phase Boots > 3x Falcon Blade > Agh Shard > Aghanims > Bloodstone> Mjollnir

Orb of Corrosion is good but expensive. I buy blight stone for CS in lane and damage added to Anchor Smash, but usually just keep it as Blight Stone or I buy medallion if I'm ahead.

Gush + Medallion on any target is pretty much insured death.

1 Like

I've been a supporter of multiple Falcon Blade since the day it was released. Very underrated build.
Arteezy used to do 2x Falcon blade on some carries, I believe.

Triple Falcon Blade can be used on Undying as well as max decay build. Pretty much unkillable.

I prefer 1x Falcon -> Echo sabre on Max decay offlane undying.

Agh shard is very good. I love dota

I will try 3x falcon blade and let you know how it goes

I was a longtime buyer of aghanims itself (years ago when it was considered a gimmick) but I am slowly deciding now it is not actually good. It is a "win more" / "lose slower" item and not an actual game-changer.

I currently think midas is very good on tide. As soon as you get the 25 talent (anchor smash on hit) you become a waveclear & neutral farming machine that hoovers up all the farm on the map. I might even try taking "anchor smash affects buildings" in this build as if your build hinges around a level 25 talent u were probably already snowballing and don't care about the extra kraken block

Midas on tide -_______________-

Midas is for when your level 10/15/20 talent are good. Midas doesn't really impact the road to level 25 the way it should.

This is why Mjollnir is slotted for lvl 25.

I will try your build but modified

Falcon -> (falcon 2 if I have mana issues without mana shoes) -> phase boots -> falcon (2 if not already) and 3 -> blink -> shard -> mjolnir

Situational lotus in there somewhere (I like mana shoes for this reason)

Do you actually skip blink in your build or you just left that out?

I have a lategame bloodstone in there here and there but yet to see the utility. I kind of miss octarine with both lifesteal and cooldown reduction

I think if I win these games it will be that phase + 3x falcons is really good and not that mjolnir actually made the difference. The problem with big expensive items like this is that once you get 1 or 2 the game is pretty decided a lot of the time and it matters less what item it is and more just that you had space to farm a mjolnir

Late game Bloodstone is for the mana recovery to use Aghanims off cd. Then with Mjollnir active later on.

I do skip blink because it's really not that useful.

Phase - 3x Falcon > Agh shard > aghanims > Bloodstone (mana upkeep) > Mjollnir (Synergy)

Not true for the most part.

Any build idea for primal beast? It's my new main and I don't know how to come online

1 Like