No Setup Mafia #1

If a mafia fake claim is the best town action then I’d just be blown away haha

I got schooled by asoul and scsf

I mean I really havent lol

I see. That’s an excellent deduction and a near game-winning idea!

I can't say I disagree with benny here too.

I think I seemed pretty scummy day 2 so I am not surprised I was targeted tbh

Benny played well. I didn't respond to him properly. I know that now.

It was a given that wintermute was mafia so the third mafia was the only one up to debate. A coin toss between you and SCSF maybe, but regardless benny did calculate the odds while factoring in the other suicide bomb and kingmaker.

The game was lost at the point town was manipulated into lynching me. Krazy Kat is certainly LVP lol.

Honestly I just flatly disagree. If no town used bomb we would of had a few more days of play. If you could convince me with logic instead of being upset I’m sure I would have been open.

How on earth was the game lost? Killing a mafia d2 is pretty much a guaranteed win we still had 6+ players that’s an easy majority and in these types of game once you get one mafia the rest fall like dominos. Wwintermute was checked as scum, so I thought for sure we were going to lynch wintermute the next day. Instead people “”""“got bored”""""" and decided to bomb people for no reason. Why would you do that in a game that you spent hours on?

I’m not signing up for another thread here unless the game mode is shown before hand because the roles being entirely random on top of some of the actual roles available was total cancer. (How is kingmaker remotely balanced?)

Well I wasn't the one who calculated the odds. It's math, ask benny for his calculations lol.
This setup obviously wasn't balanced and that factors in the calculation.

Agree for the most part.

Thought we were in decent shapeish but then two suicide bombs lost 4 town.

Yeah, for the record, SCSF and I were prepping for a much longer, more involved endgame

There are a lot of ways to counter Kingmaker; we were hoping you would pick ones that wouldn’t work for at least a day (we had guardian angel on me already, so bombing me would fail)

but ultimately it would have come down to him against ~4 towns and there are a lot of good investigative abilities in this game. Could have been a loss.

Also one thing I didn’t mention is i think this is one of those setups where d1 is pretty polarizing

If scum loses 1 player d1 they have significantly less power n1 and with all the crazy roles in the game are going to be a lot weaker

So it may look scum-sided and unbalanced right now but if we ran again it may not be the case

Either way I’d like to see it run with low-impact roles as I think that would be a better fit for the way our community interacted with the massive role list

Think It woulda been wy up my alley if only vanilla power roles. I Love games like medical mafia. Felt a bit like that.

Also feel the scum killing shot not have another night action.

I don’t mind non-vanilla games but kingmaker, magician, wildcard, suicide bomb are some of the worst abilities I have seen in a deduction game like this

Lol I agree. I think I used suicide bomber once when it was Android 16 in my db game.