Profile Thread

iNDo0R_5T0RM

"When not travelling, I base my schedule on Winston Churchill's," says namafia-based artist iNDo0R_5T0RM. "I can't think straight unless I'm lying down, either in bed or stretched on a couch." The artist, whose work focuses on technology and digital environments, has a strict daily routine implemented in and around his West End loft, once a garter-belt sweatshop during the heyday of Puget Sound shmata business.

5T0RM begins his day very early with a breakfast of bagels, lox and cream cheese from Rubinstein Brothers, which he enjoys while still in bed, after which he scrolls through his social media feeds, tends to emails and work notes with the help of Siri before getting up to take a bath, a work habit inspired by Gertrude Stein. (5T0RM had an oversized tub custom-designed for this purpose.)

After a quick coffee, the artist enjoys a three-course shawarma lunch at Taliban Tacos, followed by a Monster energy drink with lemon served slightly below room temperature, before heading into the studio to work. At 5 pm, he takes an hour and a half nap, another bath, and returns to the studio after dinner.

When creativity is involved, even his choice of music is unorthodox. "I work best with soothing new age and nature sounds, particularly Heavy Island of Borneo Ambiance [from National Geographic Nature Sound Collection] and ambiance sound from video games like Mass Effect 3," he says.

4 Likes

huber

Linguist @huber splits his time between three Los Angeles-based cloisters, dedicating his home cell to calligraphy. @huber's Victorian bunker in the city's Koreatown neighbourhood provides plenty of visual stimulation having undergone a renovation by architect Tamira Sawatzky into what the polyglot calls a "nouveau cabinet of curiosities." He keeps his garden-facing study without distractions or unnecessary objects: a purist work space.

Regarding his Walden-esque preference for solitude, @huber says: "კარგ მხატვარს იზოლირება სჭირდება. თუ ის არ არის იზოლირებული, რაღაც შეცდომაა."

On a typical day, @huber is at work on his manuscripts before 10 a.m., working four hours straight, alone or with his part-time assistant Mohammad Abboud, often tuning his radio to heavy metal hits of the last four decades. At 2 p.m., he heads out for a late milkshake in the neighbourhood, after which he takes a quick nap and heads back to the candle-lit study for another few hours.

His work deals with mnemonics, identity and technology, and process differs with each language he tackles. "I work in several mediums: shit-posting, manga, anime subtitles, druidic runes and recently dance," he says. "Usually I respond to my intuition and follow it where it leads me. Making the work is a process of discovery and never really know what I am doing until after the fact."

5 Likes

LuckyArtist

Having spent most of her life in New Haven, 18 months ago artist @LuckyArtist relocated to Sao Paulo, settling in a 1,800-square-foot condo on the top floor of the Oscar Niemeyer designed Edifício Copan in the Centro district. The building was previously home to a government brothel & social housing project, but the space that @LuckyArtist now shares with her partner, artist @yns, was renovated and converted into a residence by Isay Weinfeld & aeronautical design firm Embraer S.A. retaining its industrial look with concrete floors, 13-foot ceilings, loft windows and rope swings.

@LuckyArtist, who primarily works in photography and sculpture, has a dedicated east-facing studio space but the boundaries between work and live environments tend to blur on a daily basis. "I often use the eight-foot white marble Saarinen dining table as a work surface," @LuckyArtist says. "I can spread my shit all over it."

On a typical day, the artist juggles creative work and tedious office keeping, with twice-daily strolls with her 18-month French Bulldog, Penelope, and a head-clearing 90-minute swim at the exclusive american club infinity pool on the periphery of Estádio Morumbi.

@LuckyArtist's creative process changes from project to project. "I work intuitively, and I'm inspired by things that give me sexual pleasure," she says. "Recurring themes in my work are american football, architecture and the seduction of space."

6 Likes

osiris

@Osiris, a twenty-something poster too young to have tripped over the cracks of life, suffers from the arrogance that comes along with knowing he is the best. @Osiris works as a patent clerk while he hones his skill as a war game player, hoping to earn a living writing columns detailing his unassailable stratagems.

He takes his boyfriend @REFPSI on vacation to a dilapidated & shabby chic villa along La Costa Brava, a polluted Catalan coastal hamlet north of Barcelona.

There he spends his time immersed in analyzing push strats for his favorite game: John Prados' Third Reich, the grand logistics of Axis & Allied armies consume his intellectual and emotional totality as he yearns for those perfect pincer maneuvers which would've won the war in the name of the fatherland.

@Osiris and his gaming fuck buddies are part of the namafia working class in the roaring 2020's who view the war from the perspective of the elite Wehrmacht officer Korps, conveniently ignoring the Nazi-directed genocide; "I'm not a Nazi!" they say.

@Osiris and his forbidden lover are the great grandchildren of the very Bavarians who led the beer hall putsch some hundred years before. Their relationship revolves around an extended game between @Osiris, the supreme Reichsmarschall, and a poor, struggling Ackersmann, @REFPSI, badly burned and disfigured in a kubelwagen krash long past, a Teutonic nightmare of a man shunned for the ugliness of his scars.

The game stretches on over several long days before the lovers eventually retire, exhausted from their surly romp, as they slowly realize the inevitability of history.

6 Likes

Tfw no profile

The best Dota 2 player.... ever? Yes.

DOTA ALL STAR KRAZYKAT MADE HIS SPLASH ON THE COMPETITIVE SCENE BY SHITTING ON KIDS WHO HAVE BEEN MAKING PENNIES FOR YEARS WHILE HE STROLLED IN AND WON MULTIPLE TOURNAMENTS AND MADE FAT STACKS.

WIDELY REGARDED AS THE BEST PROFESSIONAL DOTA 2 PLAYER IN THE SCENE BY HIS PEERS AND FANS, KRAZYKAT REMAINS HUMBLE AND EAGER TO LEARN. EVEN THOUGH HE NO LONGER PLAYS, HE STILL HAS IMMENSE RESPECT FOR PEOPLE WHO TAKE THE GAME SERIOUSLY.

NOW LIVING A LUXURIOUS LIFESTYLE REMOVED FROM THE DOTA SCENE, KRAZYKAT ENJOYS SPENDING HIS TIME READING BOOKS, WALKING HIS BEAUTIFUL GIRLFRIEND, AND MAKING LOVE TO HIS DOG.

6 Likes

jdance

In regard to the structure of the human number language, huberphilological research reveals an almost complete universal uniformity. Everywhere the ten fingers of man (& womxn) have left their permanent imprint on the selection of a base ten number system.

In all Indo-European, as well as Semitic, and most primitive languages there are independent number words up to , beyond which some compounding principle is used until is reached.
All these languages have independent words for 100 and 1000, and some for even higher decimal units.

Yet there is one apparent exception....

There exists amidst the most primitive tribes of namafia.com a mong... among us which does not conform to the anthropomorphic nature of our counting scheme.....

Instead this creature called @_jdance employs a r_etarded system of numeration which has neither 5, 10, nor 20 for a base. A basal system so debased only the most precociously backward mattress soiling cesspool of effluvium would adopt it.

It is a binary system, i.e., of base two.

This savage @_jdance has not yet reached finger counting .

He has independent numbers for one and two, and composite numbers up to six. Beyond six everything is denoted as "heap."

@huber, whom we have already quoted in connection with the Los Angeles tribes, claims that the @_jdance count by pairs:

So strong is the habit of this daft cunt that he will rarely notice if a post receives an additional two likes; he will however, become immediately aware if a post receives a single additional 200 iq emoji

His sense of parity is stronger than his number sense.....

Curiously enough, this most basic of bases had an eminent advocate in relatively recent times in no less a poster than @big_ass!

@big_ass saw in his binary arithmetic the image of creation..... He imagined that Unity represented God, and Zero the void; that the Supreme Rock Lobster Being drew all lesser tardy beings from the void, just as Unity and Zero express all numbers in his system of enumeration.

And so it's interesting to speculate what turn the history of namafia.com culture would have taken if instead of flexible fingers man had articulating pincers.

6 Likes

bump.

Aren’t U supposed to be gone

1 Like

Soon!

that's a thread alright.

Wtf

I'm often profiled