Riddles and Puzzles

2^6 - 63 = 1

1 Like

i could have fuzzed that one

my avatar needs more fps

Two trains start at the same time, one from Los Angeles and another from San Diego.

After they pass each other, the trains arrive at their destination 1 hour and 4 hours later, respectively.

How much faster is one train running than the other?

What’s the fuzzing answer god damnit.

You said you took algebra 1, now show us what you’ve learned.

What’s the question

Both the train problems dumbass

I don’t wanna spend the effort to find them

What is their destination…

This is an impossible question.

ur avatar makes me uncomfortable dude… change it…

Maybe the distance between LA and SD is too short for there to be that big of a difference IRL with trains, but it just makes the problem slightly unrealistic because both trains are running at extremely slow speeds in comparison to normal trains. If you want something more realistic, then let’s say both trains are on a track from San Francisco to Fresno.

Fuck you you tried to give me an unsolvable question I don’t trust you

1st train problem is kind of a troll because it’s really, really involved and would take you a long time to deduce because you actually need to get GPS coordinates and calculate angles, circumference of the planet, the min/max direction of the train in Moscow because no specific direction is specified.

The Sapsan (Train that runs from Moscow to St Petersburg) however is a 250 kmph train, so there are only a few specific points at which it will be at 140 kmph, so you also need to figure that out to help reduce the amount of data you need to sift through. There is also a trick to finding the takeoff location of the train in Port Augusta, but once you get all the data, it’s a plug and chug for the equation to find the common intercept in a 3-D plane (trollolol) to know what (if any) answer exists.

However, the second problem is something you could figure out in 10 minutes or less (assuming you recognize how to frame it).

For example, you know both trains are running on the same track, and when they pass each other, say train 1 has X distance left to travel, and train 2 has Y distance left to travel. Train 1 covers X in 1 hour, train 2 covers Y in 4 hours.

You also know that X + Y = Z, with Z being the total distance of the entire route. That should be enough of a hint to figure out the answer to that problem.

I tried briefly to solve both and my brain started hurting

Need a >140IQ poster on the case

I don’t know where the fucking trains are ending. Is train 1 ending where train 2 started and vice versa

Trust me

They’re both on the same track… One is starting from LA going to SD, the other is starting from SD going to LA lol.