Roragok's Mafia #26

It’s actively beneficial for town; whether I’ve fake claimed or not is beside the point.

I am not catering to anyone; I am actively employing solutions that are better for town.

fuck off you moron.

I cannot make a “commitment” and you limit my play thusly

that’s fine; I don’t expect people to do this, but it’s not like my use of a commitment is anything other than a pro-town oriented way of claiming.

I am not catering to anyone.

Potentially losing captain is a disaster for town. Everything you say is wifom since you already knew all of this and could be scum knowing that whatever role you claim will eventually be claimed by town.

And I’ve just disagreed for the very reason that I cannot, and cannot know what your commitment actually is. Don’t act like that makes what you’re doing pro town.

Your misunderstanding doesn’t make it wrong, it makes you stupid.

I’m sorry but it would be both and not only one.

“potentially losing captain is a disaster for town”

potentially losing 1 of a 2 team scum faction is a disastrous for that scum faction too…

That is in fact the point of saying you’re catering to certain people.

Well, one of you is doing this so I’m really not sure what you’re getting at. It’s not like Bazinga was under so much pressure he would have had to fake-claim at that point to save himself and make it justified to lose half his team either.

How the fuck do people not understand what a good move a commitment scheme for claims is?

You’re basically saying the equivalent of “Offering documentation on something only in English is ‘catering to english speakers’” and seeing that as a negative, you’d rather have there be no documentation at all.

If you were offering it in Gaelic, then yes.

English? Come on.

no, the comparison is apt.

I employed a scheme that added extra information to what I was doing, and the majority add nothing at all.

I am not catering to a subset of users.

How many users(in the game)use and know cryptographic hashes?

How many disregarded your post completely?

He gave you the fucking scheme later. That’s the point: no one knows his claim when he posts it, but it’s verifiable later. How fucking dense are you?

I find it strange that you’re missing my point.

You don’t have a fucking point.

I can count at least 4?

It’s not like this isn’t provably secure; there’s no way to fake it once the commit is revealed. If there’s any amount of players who can confirm that the commit/hash does work, a consensus can form. It’s actively beneficial for everyone in the game.