Secret

Ethan Jones is one of my best friends.

We met in the daily vg inhouses, after both competing for nr 1 on the leaderboards.
I noticed he had a Nabokov avatar, one of my favorite authors. I added him to friends, and after
the usual 'ironic' banter, we became friends. We spoke about American Dota. At this time,
I were a Global Moderator on the old NADotA forums. Highly impressed, and in awe, Jones
let me know that he also was a member of said forums.

At this time there was a lot of turbulence within my usual ranks. Kurtov, the heroin addict, had been lashing out against all and everyone lately. Big Benny lost his microphone. J-Crispy got HIV from a black girl. Chris was having a life-crisis, struggling to find employment and in deep distress over being unable to break up with his obese girlfriend. Videojames was a moron. Idclip was doing more heroin than kurtov ever did. Brendan, an absolutely griefer and game ruiner. - - Enter Jones.
The clear cut addition to the Big Benny stack, or the Inhouse Vandals as we called ourselves back then.

With his vibrant voice and cheerful antics, Jones brought new life to the stale state our community was in.
Nmagane griefing, Benny griefing, Robert (As in Myself) keeping his friends on the edge at all times
with his fine dance between Funny Itembuilds and Min-Maxing.
Jones was the Arteezy of the group. Proudly marching Shadow Fiend down the mid lane,
ready to rack up some kills. That is how we became friends.

Ethan had another quality about him. He was an excellent programmer. He had been working on
various encryption methods on his Public Github for some time now. Writing TV-protocols for the
Rizon IRC Tv Group and small flash games for his college. Eventually he dropped out,
but his lust for Mastering The Art never died out. With TI3 getting closer and closer, he made
an official website for the team his very precense helped create. The Goy Club, or Goy Club Gaming.

He was the master of Teamspeak. Ts.Goy.Club. NotJones.xyz. We had hundreds of channels.
New members fought it out in the kennel, like angry dogs. Girls coming in and out
at all points of the day. All ages. 13 year old minecraft kids. Russians. Finns. Tutut and Aaica.
Willem, Alan. The Turkish loser from NaMafia. Electrowizard. Alightsoul. All banned, like tears in the rain.

We settled on Int Minecraft and that is where most of the story plays out. The story of friendship.
Jones is a peculiar fellow. While 6'+ tall and with a deep voice, he is very shy. No college friends.
But we were friends. All of us.

Jones has been there for me in all kinds of dark situations. Girl trouble. Work accidents. Bad dota days.
He's really a stand up guy, one that can be depended upon. No matter how many times
he deletes the teamspeak, kicks everyone off his friendlist or leaves the IRC when messaged -
He always comes back. You should know this. No matter how many times you ban him, he always comes back.
Ready to serve the community. Good jokes, great insight - all with a burning passion. That is what jones is about.
Honestly I wouldn't know where I'd be today without him. He's made such an impact on my day-to-day life that I reckon I would be lost without him. Everyone deserves a second chance, especially when they are innocent.

@SOPHIE @Roragok, please let him back in. This is where he belongs. This is what he deserves, although, I am not sure we deserve him.

He's my greatest friend.

2 Likes

Co-sign. Jones one of the greatest to ever do it wrt forum posting. Please forgive his mafia trespasses. I don't understand the game but I'm sure he meant well.

He taught me everything I know.

Unban everyone

no, only jones

What was he banned for?

It's easy to write weepy paragraphs about your friend's positive traits but if you don't also include the negatives and talk about how he is working to move past those it is hard to see how he wouldn't just immediately go and get himself banned again

Well he doesnt really have any. His biggest flaw is being sensitive and kind. Guess you guys are working on fixing that.

Thank you for sharing Robert

I can relate to your sentiments

He was banned for being sensitive and kind?

I don't know the Real reason why he was banned, only the mods do.

I am to be released, if all goes well with me, towards the end of August, and hope to go at once to some little sea-side village abroad with Robert and Nmagane.

The sea, as Euripides says in one of his plays about Iphigeneia, washes away the stains and wounds of the world.

I hope to be at least a month with my friends, and to gain peace and balance, and a less troubled heart, and a sweeter mood. I have a strange longing for the great simple primeval things, such as the sea, to me no less of a mother than the Earth. It seems to me that we all look at Nature too much, and live with her too little. I discern great sanity in the Greek attitude. They never chattered about sunsets, or discussed whether the shadows on the grass were really mauve or not. But they saw that the sea was for the swimmer, and the sand for the feet of the runner. They loved the trees for the shadow that they cast, and the forest for its silence at noon. The vineyard-dresser wreathed his hair with ivy that he might keep off the rays of the sun as he stooped over the young shoots, and for the artist and the athlete, the two types that Greece gave us, they plaited with garlands the leaves of the bitter laurel and of the wild parsley, which else had been of no service to men.

We call ours a utilitarian age, and we do not know the uses of any single thing. We have forgotten that water can cleanse, and fire purify, and that the Earth is mother to us all. As a consequence our art is of the moon and plays with shadows, while Greek art is of the sun and deals directly with things. I feel sure that in elemental forces there is purification, and I want to go back to them and live in their presence.

Of course to one so modern as I am, ‘Enfant de mon siècle,’ merely to look at the world will be always lovely. I tremble with pleasure when I think that on the very day of my leaving prison both the laburnum and the lilac will be blooming in the gardens, and that I shall see the wind stir into restless beauty the swaying gold of the one, and make the other toss the pale purple of its plumes, so that all the air shall be Arabia for me. Linnaeus fell on his knees and wept for joy when he saw for the first time the long heath of some English upland made yellow with the tawny aromatic brooms of the common furze; and I know that for me, to whom flowers are part of desire, there are tears waiting in the petals of some rose. It has always been so with me from my boyhood. There is not a single colour hidden away in the chalice of a flower, or the curve of a shell, to which, by some subtle sympathy with the very soul of things, my nature does not answer. Like Gautier, I have always been one of those ‘pour qui le monde visible existe.’

Still, I am conscious now that behind all this beauty, satisfying though it may be, there is some spirit hidden of which the painted forms and shapes are but modes of manifestation, and it is with this spirit that I desire to become in harmony. I have grown tired of the articulate utterances of men and things. The Mystical in Art, the Mystical in Life, the Mystical in Nature this is what I am looking for. It is absolutely necessary for me to find it somewhere.

All trials are trials for one’s life, just as all sentences are sentences of death; and three times have I been tried. The first time I left the box to be arrested, the second time to be led back to the house of detention, the third time to pass into a prison for two years. Society, as we have constituted it, will have no place for me, has none to offer; but Nature, whose sweet rains fall on unjust and just alike, will have clefts in the rocks where I may hide, and secret valleys in whose silence I may weep undisturbed. She will hang the night with stars so that I may walk abroad in the darkness without stumbling, and send the wind over my footprints so that none may track me to my hurt: she will cleanse me in great waters, and with bitter herbs make me whole.

5 Likes

Nyte banned jones.

Hey look at the hate monger who pretends not to be hateful

1 Like

uhhhhh no i'm pretty sure i did dumbass

heres what jones has been up to while awaiting the end of his totally undeserved ban

paint

I vote to unban jones

1 Like

please send your votes to the other two site moderators and we will tallly them up by the end of the month and reconsider

? im just saying i would unban jones.