Smoke Signals [SIGNUPS] [9/12]

This is like saying "Chess is a 33% chance to draw, you either win or you lose or you draw".

i love the shitty console mic quality it just blends with the overall presentation so well

1 Like

Why would you vote on a lynch of someone you don't think is mafia?
I'm not sure I understand your question.

Obviously the lynch would go through. It's more than majority vote.

1 Like

Percentages are less important than scum reads and town reads.
That's what makes the difference.

Except in this case, it's not even close to a 33% chance for a stalemate - I am not going to discuss game math/game solve here, as I prefer to leave that up to the players.
But please, @bazingaboy, don't spread false information like that.

Nice setup but you are going to have to explain this more.

Day 2: 1 tribe of 4 is put up for elimination (Town of Salem style). At night, the other two tribes decide if they are actually going to support elimination or not. The tribe up for elimination also votes on whether or not it should be eliminated?

Then your win conditions describe a single tribe's composition (but there will be two remaining) except for the stalemate, which seems like it can just be forced by mafia. Create 3+1 & 0+4 scenario (simple) and you have no lose condition any more.

Regarding your phase lengths question - since days/nights are non-generic, each phase should have its own length based on the needs of the given phase (for example, Night 2 might be longer than our standard nights here because it actually involves discussion and important decision-making. This doesn't necessarily mean the preceding day has to be longer than normal though)

lmao

Yes.

Yes, it's a town win. I knew about this and it is covered implicitly in the OP. ([P or Q] is true if [P and Q] is true)
Unless you mean the other way around (3M + 1T, 0M+4T), which is the stalemate.

Stalemate is not "forced", it is a result of town misplay and mafia playing against their win condition. It does not count as "winning" for the scum if they achieve a stalemate, and the game will be restarted.

Stalemate is "forced" in the sense that as mafia I can bring my chance of losing the game to 0 on Day 1 simply by stacking all my guys in 1 team. It's optimal play.

Distribute 3 maf across 2 or 3 teams -> possible outcomes: win, lose

Place all 3 maf on 1 team, elim one of the town teams -> possible outcomes: win, draw

Explain how this is possible. How does the game proceed after Night 2 to eliminate another tribe?

This.
I don't think it would be a stalemate.

It brings your Win chance to 0% as well. Therefore it is griefing and is grounds for a ban.
You cannot Win if 3 mafia are all on one team, because day 3 will always be a stalemate or a loss.
(Either 4 v 3+1, or 8v0).

What do you mean?
I can name the possible day 3 situations, but I'd rather let the players figure it out themselves.

@mafiabot sign

The best course of action here is to let the mafia figure out how to win themselves, and let them lose if they don't.
I don't disagree on the fact that this seems to be town favoured (mentioned this in an above post), but as I said; that doesn't really affect people here.

How does the game proceed after night 2? 2 tribes vote on which of themselves to put up, then that tribe is automatically eliminated (without lit signals)?

No, the signals process is still present. Both tribes must agree on the Elimination.

This is why a stalemate is possible in the first place. This is a game of cooperation.

1 Like

An additional clause might be added to the game:
In case of a final 4 situation (3v1, one tribe) - the game becomes a regular LYLO hunt.

Not decided on this yet, this helps give mafia a % increase, but it's also boring.

@big_ass if you are not going to be signing, please refrain from asking more questions.

1 Like

So in fact all of this is irrelevant because there is only 1 "allowed" configuration of maf (2+2 vs 1+3 vs 0+4) - 3+1 is not legal because it always results in "Eternal Stalemate" (and the players are griefers and should be banned from the website) and (1+3 vs 1+3 vs 1+3) has no path to a win, so the only core mechanic is really -> mafia can form a team with 2 towns and 2 maf, if that team makes it to the end of the game (2 day/night phases) they win, otherwise, town win

?

1 Like