State of the Forum: 2023

So the fact that some weird, strange, African disease that makes your dick fall off became endemic to the "West", say, six months ago is just a fluke?

Uh huh

“Tiny fraction” yea naw

? Wtf?

Where do you even come up with this?

Just from common sense knowing any gay men, you would know it is false. When I google and select whichever recent studies come up, they all say the same thing:

Gay men for the most part are the single most risk-prone group when it comes to sexual behavior by far. Thinking "condom use" is the main issue is just hilarious

1 Like

Like it would be nearly impossible to convince a majority (even 51%) of gay men (including "married" gay men) to stop having casual sex with random partners - incl. large groups that still practice this "bathhouse behavior" - that the conversation would be about "condom use" is laughable

Remember monkey pox

They memory holed monkey pox so fast once people started waking up and realizing you only get it by eating a man’s ass out

1 Like

i meant compared to the 80s buddy...

notice how there's way less aids now? that's why

i dont even need to type words to prove this point like it's literally reality idk what to tell you

yeah did I not mention the excessive partying? there's a subculture in the gay community that's all about basically 24/7 partying with every drug imaginable and having unprotected sex. some of them are hiv positive, some are not. hiv's not the only issue in that situation.

I said condom use is the most important regarding AIDS. that was the context. i think we're actually agreeing with each other

these days a young gay person is far more likely to die from ODing or as a victim of violence than aids, I don't think I posted anything that disagrees with that. But that wasn't the case in the 80s when a large amount of them died from AIDS.

the party crowd is larger than a "tiny fraction" i was wrong on that for sure

i was trying to post about aids and condom use though not the leading causes of gay men today like you guys are just kinda swerving in a new direction here

look, we'll just call it water under the dam and move on.

@big_ass Okay, look, I know it was difficult for you to come in here hat in hand, that's not the kind of.... upbringing? I guess is the word I'm lookin' for. That's not the kinda man you are. I understand that, I'm not looking to humiliate you or... to exact a price in any way. So why don't you just go ahead and apologize.. We'll call it water under the dam and we'll go about our business.

very interesting. i might have been in province with the first guy at some point