State of the Forum: 2023

Beware the unstoppable passion and violent sexual aggression of a middle aged mother you met on tinder who has kids and 45 minutes with you. Best advice I ever got. God bless that man.

That’s because we have antiviral medications to treat hiv now, it’s not a death sentence like in the 80s, people can live for 20-30 years with hiv until they eventually start “wasting” (that’s what gays call it) where their physical condition rapidly deteriorates and they die fairly quickly, but that happens when they’re much older like 60s

It’s not even a subculture, it’s just the reality for gay people in large cities like LA, SF, NYC etc. the smaller minority are like the quiet gays who stick with one partner and who drink occasionally but not get drunk, those are like less than 50%, gay dudes are constantly doing weird shit like orgies, sex swings with random dudes coming in, I mean shit I remember talking to this one gay guy who was like a normal dude in appearances like he worked at a car dealership as a salesman and he told me he probably caught HIV when he let 13 dudes cum in his ass one night, like 13 dudes he didn’t even know who they were

Even older gay guys, I remember this one gay dude I met and he had a partner with an adopted son together and he kept going on these like benders where he would just go from sex party to sex party for days in a row and his partner and adopted son would be getting all upset because he’s out there fucking random dudes, this is like a guy in his 50s

Shit I remember this gay doctor, he’s pretty well known in weho gay communities, people used to talk about how this like 60 something year old doctor was getting fisted in a sex swing at a sex party like it’s a regular thing with this guy, it’s just like ??? What’s going on with these people

i get that but LA SF NYC are a few cities, I doubt gay people around the world in general are able to throw as many parties, or as extreme. not that it doesn't matter, but those cities are on the EXTREME end of the spectrum.

That's cool, I've known an older gay couple my entire life because they know my mom. They're from Toronto, and they are NOTHING like what you are describing, the exact opposite. The attend poetry readings and shit like that. One is a doctor and one worked for CBC. They're the most polite, kind people you could ever hope to meet.

Bro how many gay people do you think there are? It’s not like most cities around the world even have enough gay people to really say, they’re mostly in these larger cities. But look at Jeffrey dahmer, Milwaukee, in the 80s, cruising around gay bars and picking up random dudes then bringing them to bath houses or to his grandmas house. Do you know what bathhouses are for?

Uhh well if you accept that humans have a chance to be gay, whatever you believe that number to be. In every country. That's how many lol. They're just more visible in cities like SF because they actually feel safe to be visible.

Oh all these guys are cool, chill, nice people, but how would you know what that couple does? You just make the assumption because they are nice they don’t invite strangers into their home to fuck them, like they’re not going to just tell you that, I only know because I worked directly within the gay community in weho and got close to a lot of these guys where they would tell me shit like this

People in pakistan's gay community use encrypted apps exclusively to communicate because the police can and will search the phone of a "gay" looking person and arrest them if there's dicks in their pics

If you think it’s an even, uniform distribution you’re just wrong, even if we make the assumption gay people are naturally a certain % of the population and it is an unchanging value it still doesn’t factor in that most gay people want to, and do move to these larger cities because they’re more “accepted” and able to be freely gay in these cities

I've met them in real life dozens of times, they're not having wild parties in their spare time lmao. The most radical thing they would probably do is have anal while standing up. But ~i can't prove it~ so you win ahahah they might be secret degenerates, another brilliant win for yns

Well then you met a gay couple that doesn’t do degenerate shit in their spare time, one couple, out of many

I just think LA SF NYC and a few other cities like Miami and Rio have huge party scenes in general, and the gays love to party. I don't think life is like that everywhere else. Idk how you're trying to make me look like the judgmental one. You're literally trying to say all gays are like the ones in LA who party 24/7...

Yes but why do you get to be the authority on gay people in this conversation?

Yes gays love to party, you said it yourself, and gay parties involve orgies and sex with random people, group sex etc

You're an admitted homophobe, do ya think you might just be the slightest bit of an unreliable narrator?

Some* gays

Most* gays

1 Like