Stats/Math Problems and Riddles #2

If you think I'm investing more thought than that into this then you're sadly mistaken.

U roll it on an uneven surface and if it falls off the surface that's 0

Holy shit I was just thinking the exact same thing. But that would be 7, not 0.

Iron's earlier response ("system of throwing the die") just seems like it leads down some retarded path where you use multiple die casts to come up with a number

If you are throwing the die multiple times you're no longer using "only a die" you're using multiple dice

0 indexed

3 is 33%

2 is you spin it on a table however I think this probably still comes out heads more than tails

how is 3 not 50% are we reading the same question?

couple has 2 kids

one is a girl

other is boy/girl

what chance for both girls

2 options boy/girl or girl/girl

ordering doesnt matter. no difference between boy/girl and girl/boy. cuz if u wanna make adifference there then girl/girl is different to girl/girl

its laways 50/50

@ ironstove u too

Wrong

i mean what if the certain couple are trolls and they arent even telling the truth about the first girl and its just 0%

its either 100% or its 0% because they either have 2 girls or they dont

OMFG ur all TROLLING me

i mean jenanda is but im actually being 100% serious

the question doesnt make any fucking sense

No

You guys are morons and I'm not trolling

It's a monty hall problem

possibilities:

BB BG GB GG

information eliminates BB

still dont know fucking probabilities because the way the questions worded is dumb as shit

HOW ARE BG AND GB DIFFERENT POSIBITLIES U FUCKING MONGOLOIDS

1 Like

its irrelevant to my complaint with the problem, which is more overarching

ITS NOT STATED IF THE FIRST OR THE SECOND CHILD IS GIRL

SO THE ORDERING DOESNT MATTER

the first question you have to ask yourself is why does it matter what they tell you at all? even if theyre not lying they left the possibility of either having two girls or not having two girls both open, and they didnt give enough information on probability to let you meaningfully proceed from there

they either have two girls or they dont, how could it even be probabilistic?