Stream sidebar

what is messed up, there not really a test branch.

-grey border added to div around posts section on homepage and in threads
– this may have been there before but had spacing messed up by the addition of the livestream bar
– current spacing of posts is really hard on the eyes
– on the hompage, it seems the div was added without looking at what it does. It’s kind of unnecessary there and ends up putting lines through other page content

-I’m pretty sure each post had a grey line separating it from the next before this
–this grey line is gone
– it makes it harder on the eyes to browse the page

short: added grey div border on posts section, removed grey lines between posts, and janky spacing due to addition of element all make the site slightly harder on the eyes

I think it would be a good idea to put stream sidebar as an option to tick on/off for each user in the Site Settings menu

first

i turned it off for now but the parent plugin does inject a bunch of css

i’ll take a look sometime this week

yup with it off now I can decisively say

-grey border div is added and is ugly
-grey lines between posts are removed making it harder to read
-spacing of the individual posts is changed a bit - current spacing is pretty good imo

agreed

i think it is something i want back, but need to apprantly deactivate a bunch of css the parent plugin injects

Thoughts on this?

Here’s a counter suggestion actually

Sidebar could have a space on the homepage or even the individual subforums but when you read an actual thread it isn’t there

yea i think that would be ideal. but the real issue is the injected css. my empty site dev environment didn’t really mimic those.

i did resolve the double stream issue. discourse constantly re renders the widget as you refresh/scroll so it kept injecting more. yikes.

thanks for whoever actually made a ticket. appreciate it. Enabled emailing and updates to go to discord.

I’ll try and lend a Hand here this week so we can get the plugin in

bump this thread if you want to be added to the sidebar or you have somebody you think should be added to the sidebar.

like i said before theres
- featured streamers (site users) and
- other streamers (people others wanna watch)

and i just pushed an update that allows for more other streamers so if you have a dota/other stream you think should be added just share it here

@Sammyboy i removed the one other streamer named noblewingz from other streamers, i assume you dont use that one anymore

Does this even show up on mobile?strong text

id enable it on mobile if i could but its really fucky about that as well. how many people are browsing in from mobile and would like to see it?

if demands high and if @Roragok has time he can help me set up the plugin so we just insert streams right under the categories on Mobile instead of relying on the sidebar displaying there properly.

1 Like

For now if you have a phone thats somewhat wide you can force it to pop up on mobile by visiting
https://namafia.com?mobile_view=0

visit https://namafia.com?mobile_view=1 to change it back

Its all good idc I’ve just never even seen the stream sidebar

also when my changes get merged tomorrow(?) we'll have click Live Streams to refresh the streams

@Roragok

@SOPHIE I am now seeing the stream description when I hover over them. Is that new?