Texas Justice Day 3

53% 53???

Math checks out. But not a very fun way to play a game for a +3% chance to win.

Iā€™m fairly certain that math is correct using that solution, but I think thereā€™s a significantly better solve.

Select one player at random to be spared. Select another random player to be spared. (Two players spared total). Perform that execution style on the remaining 8 players.

Perhaps even better would be if the first player is considered good, donā€™t select the second player at random but instead have that player interview other players over the course of the day to determine his ā€œpartnerā€. (This is optional and conditional on the player being considered good).

I havenā€™t done the math but thatā€™s probably about a 60%+ winrate.

Youā€™re going to need to elaborate.

What I was thinking was that the spared players would be considered town, else town loses.

Itā€™s worse than 50% actually. mafia should vote completely randomly on the 50/50s.

Consider situations A/C where itā€™s LYLO D2; when town hits mafia 50% D2, the games goes to 4t/1m, but town learns nothing new as to the identity of the second mafia if they vote randomly. Mafia then NKā€™s down to 3/1, then NKā€™s down to 2/1. Town then has to hit a 1/3rd to win the game.

I am proud that I did some research before hosting this setup. And that I tried to find ways to break it. I think I did ok.

My mentor for running a mafia game was @roragok. I asked him about balance. He told me that if you have to decide between making a balanced game and making a fun game, go for fun over balance.

I think I did my best to get the best of both in this setup.

@jones @Matticus @sdadasdas have you looked at these setups? You would be so good in these games.

edit: added Klaze.

This game was definitely difficult to solve with much higher than 50% town winrate, especially since itā€™s a unique/new setup that we couldnā€™t think about prior to D1 starting. I think you did a good job.

Even if the solution as stated wasnā€™t better than the original, it might be a good jumping off point with the spared players since I think the intersection of those is ~62% being both town. (Union for mafia)

A = 80%, B = 77%, so the winrate is 61.6% at best if we think that if mafia rolls into a ā€œdefinitive goodā€ they win 100%, which is probably likely.

If we consider perfect play, I think itā€™s maybe(?) possible to identify which setup youā€™re playing on townā€™s side, but thereā€™s definitley -EV in a real game due to it most likely being unidentifiable.

Complexity fucking explodes on the execution/victim setup, A/B can shoot/canā€™t shoot on D2.

This has to be simulated.

itā€™s not possible to identify which setup youā€™re in, nevermind.
This is awful. Iā€™m guestimating this setup to be even lower winrate because itā€™s too fucking complex.

TOO fucking complex.

this is getting to the point of Lurie complex.

n e w g a m e w h e n

Next game is afyer we figure out the rate of the expa Sidon of the u dovserse

1 Like

Translation: Next game is after we figure out the rate of the expansion of the universe.

I wish I had a copypasta of that Lurie post.

Yeah, we didnā€™t know the exact setup and I was solving for 3 scum on the first day which makes all of these coordinated solutions <50% winrate (I think).