THE EMPLOYEE UPRISING

he speaks the exact ethos of the subreddit that is kind of hard to disagree with. even if they're unaware of what it's like to work outside of america, it doesn't change that working a more prestigious job here comes with the fact that you have to commit 1/3rd of your day, 5/7s of your days to it minimum, and it's usually a lot more intense (because they're mostly performative jobs)

dude could be so much more disillusioned. he could be super shameful of his dog walking, or think that he can make a ton of money working 20 hours, or that 'the powers that be' are controlling things, etc

4 day work week not only helps people get more done outside of work but is actually shown to improve efficiency and sometimes even overall productivity

1 Like

when people are 'abused' by their employer (worked 60+ hours consistently over a long period of time until theyre burned out with further unrealistic expectations) they're just expected to switch jobs to somewhere else because it's also how you move ahead in the world. that's a sentiment that only exists here lol

im sure friend could vouch for this in the game industry you can really only keep that up for 1-2 weeks then you get less done than a regular schedule. workplace psychology is so dumb in america

1 Like

just work more lol you don't need to do regular human being stuff

they'd understand that the end product is also literally worse for it if they had been in his position before. not to mention how being overworked means that you'll never have opportunities to explore or 'naturally grow' on the job, and thats really important

1 Like

the cyberpunk team had like almost a month of 60-70 hour weeks and look what they put out even after multiple delays

1 Like

somehow the budget is not there to hire more people even though they either fundraised for it or stockholders are getting paid out a ton. which is fuckin stupid for an enterprise private company to focus on in the first place for the worse final product, longetivity thing

gotta pump money into that merch, gaming chairs, and billboards/bus ads all over poland

1 Like

yeah that's a whole separate tangent. why they'd blow a ton on marketing/advertising as a well respected game company with a TV show coming out prelaunch of a questionable product is beyond me

overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer

just yes men running the world

i mean witcher 3 wasn't perfect on release but it wasn't a complete dumpster fire and literally unplayable on platforms they promised and offered pre-orders on

1 Like

yeah game industry just a whole tangent. when you can rerelease a game 5x over why not focus on making a really quality product

1 Like

i've made peace with indie devs using early access to finish their game but i love watching crowbcat videos trashing AAA games

TIFU: i did something really sexual and i will now proceed to spend an hour of my life writing a 5 paragraph story using only metaphors and i scarred someone for life with my sexual deviancy.

edit: thanks for gold

edit 2: my wife left me

edit 3: my secret crush actually found this thread and we're going out for dinner

edit 4: omg guys stop gifting me

edit 5: my private messages are floodeed right now, thakns for all the kind wishes

edit 6: my mom just found this omg im gonna be in big troulbe

1 Like

TIFU: UPDATE MOM FOUND MY LAST POST

my mom was actually really turned on by my post.

edit: thanks for gold omg guys u guys really are the best

edit 2: i have now married my secret crush but my mom is jealous

edit 3: mom and secret crush are now sitting across from eachother at thanksgiving

edit 4: oh fuck this was a big situation. im gonna make a new post

1 Like

TIFU: UPDATE 2

mom and secret crush came onto me at the same time? i think this was planned

edit: OMG GUYS GOLD AGAIN>?! i cant believe iet

edit 2: secret crush has left me. im unsure why. im broken inside now.

edit 3: my mom wont talk to me ever since my secret crush left me

edit 4: guys im really emotional. thanks forf all the pms

edit 5: really guys stop giving me gold. i want to forget this ever happened.

edit 6: you guys really are upping my spirits. im broken

TIFU UPDATE 3: i've just learned that my secret crush and my mother are fucking eachother with a double sided dildo and im secretly turned on

edit: OMG GOLD