transcendental meditation thread

u just drown out the racing with your mantra for twenty minutes twice a day that's the whole thing

and don't get frustrated if it's hard etc

The More You Practice The More Your Brain Will Learn To Act In Harmony

anyway I've logically deduced that I can figure out how to do this completely by myself because the first person to figure this out had to have

it may be more efficient to have this instructed but I don't need it

ez 1k saved

1 Like

tbh the way my session just sent felt like mindfulness except with focus on the mantra instead of the breathing

nofap seems to be good for my motivation

or it might be that knowing about the existence of the concept created a nocebo effect on masturbation for me idk

I will use transcendental meditation to practice nofap

1 Like

same

I practice transcendental masturbation - looking for a buddy to partner up with. LMK

no this isn't it idk I need to read more

what I described here is still more a form of mindfulness

I think you actually don't drown out your thoughts but let them happen? while repeating the mantra simultaneously?

it does sound more relaxing to not resist thoughts than to resist them so I'll try that next time

some crackpot on Reddit says tm reduces arousal afterwards while mindfulness tends to increase it and I felt wired after my session just now so I kinda believe it

You dont think anything from my xp. Not even a mantra, just focused on breathing. Dont focus on blocking thoughts just give them so little notice that they drift out and you dont remember them

I have no idea what the transcendental part is about but I have a feeling people Arent practicing proper meditation and atleast half of them are experiencing something weird cuz they want to believe they will

tm definitely involves a mantra

there's no consensus on what's proper

there's just a lot of different meditation techniques with various variations

tm just happened to be the biggest meme among rich and famous boomers, including the Beatles, David Lynch, Ray Dalio, etc

Howard Stern

Me

Zazen is all you need bayBEE

transcendence seeking only itt

@SOPHIE can u gimme a new title (this will help me transcend/_