tulpa thread

is a tulpa a stand from jojo?

Hardly anyone's seriously religious these days. Everyone (literally) who cringes at religiously zealous atheists does it secularly

The problem is people thinking they're saying something brave and against the grain with these statements and coming across kind of ignorant and self-important

Example: Trump is bad. Yes we know. Saying "Trump is bad" on comedy television for an hour isn't actually comedy it's pandering.

Other example: complaining about religion/religious people. Unless you're complaining specifically about muslims, jews, hindus, catholics, or talking degradingly about the culture you grew up in

tulpas are dangerous and not to be trifled with

I spent thousands of hours starring at a blank cave wall exploring the dark recesses of my mind only to wind up with @casey defiling my innermost sanctums continually reminding me about how much more money he makes

He also cucks me during erotic dreams and I can't get him out of my head

4 Likes

nah it is pretty middleschool cringe lol

to be fair the Christian girls I made fun of in middle school were evolution denying tardos

1 Like

It was fun to make fun of the christos when i was 15 yrs old but i was at an all christian school so i deem it acceptable

Religion is not worth dwelling on unless theology is an interesting topic for you

Anybody pretending to understand at a deep level what hell is going on is presumptuous and that applies to aethists as well

i mean its not like i would belittle them about it in person its just a feeling i have

i dont see how its cringe to find the imaginary man in the sky retarded

Why do you think sapes have the capacity to experience profound religious experiences?

honestly? probably a built in coping mechanism in our brains to help us ignore our impending death and lead productive lives

seems like a pretty reasonable evolutionary trait

doesn't mean its real

have you tried sufficient amounts of psilocybin or 4 aco dmt or n n dmt or 5 meo dmt or lsd

the god(s) you meet through those = crazy

God hates me, He told me through a series of visions, and I understand the sentiment

2 Likes

(not an exhaustive list of substances that help u meet god)

god bullied me all my life, that's why i reject him. Fuck you, God!

gay niggas

1 Like

like you have to understand i am NOT the guy who is randomly bringing up religion in social gatherings, ranting about it

i don't do that

really the only time i would mention it is if somebody else does first

im just sharing my feelings about it here

that post wasnt about you

I still think you have an ego problem if you think you're better or smarter than others for not being religious. more then half of this world is still religious w/ thousands of religions.

eh its not really about me or if im superior to anyone, its just how i feel i think religion is really stupid and it's super telling that most of the religious people in the world were brainwashed that way as kids

it's like making kids believe in santa clause, only you never tell them he isn't real

there are so few people that actually become religious as adults its like a tiny tiny fraction of religious people most of them were just raised that way as kids and never grew out of it, i think that speaks to how fundamentally stupid it is

as for lots of people being religious, sure, but there's a direct correlation between income and amount of religious people, for example iceland sweden and finland are some of the least religious countries in the entire world and India and Africa are some of the most. i dont think the fact a lot of people are religious gives it any type of credibility at all.

I don't know, it's perplexing and doesn't seem like a very good evolutionary strategy to me. I think evolving with the inability to sink into pits of nihilism and to very easily ascribe self-directed purpose without reliance on some perhaps deliberately misinterpreted external sensory input would have been better.

Why do you have to play tricks on yourself to cope with mortality?