What do you wish you were good at?

I live less than an hour (train/bus or car) from the third biggesr city in the country

With 10 minutes to the nearest city

Thats just laminate flooring. This new "click" kind where you dont have to use any glue

New Tiles make it look 5 Times as big thats very nice

Oh yeah these walls have 0 insulation but at least the floor does

If I decide to live here forever ill probably insulate either on the inside or outside but I figure If this old Lady lived here all her life its perfectly fine. Thats just how they did it back then

wish i was more disciplined

Why the fuck is it so cheap

Iā€™m trying to imagine getting a house an hour out of Chicago for 120/mo and I guess you could do that if you wanted to live in Gary Indiana which is like a bombed out piece of shit city known for prostitutes and illegal gun sales to gang members in Chicago

Idk what old houses would go for in your area but this one is both old and in a location where I get water from a well and there is no supermarket and mostly old people who are dying off live. I paid I Guess like 80k for it in your currency which was lower than asking price but looking at it pretty reason able. 14k of that I had to deposit myself and the rest is like a 40 year plan with the bank with 1.3% interest locked for 3 years with the current actual interest being like 2% currentlt which obviously is historically low. No security other than the house itself and obv I had proof of employment. I can not Imagine that a pretty shabby house some where in the vicinity of a 300k population city, aka our third biggest one, would cost you more than say 110k or whayever. 90 sqm living area, 1300 sqm garden. Close to train station and elementary school. Nearest convienience store probably like a 20 minuter walk away or 5 mins by car or bus.

Comparatively, buying an apartment half the side in mentioned city would probably cost 3 Times more.

Renting a place is always significantly more expensive and If you've never looked in to buying you probably have misconceptions about it being a super luxury only boomers could afford

America obviously is different in many ways but at the same time Im sure a lot of these hood rats who make their money selling crack own homes too

Aa for my location, finding a job isn't difficult. Maybe it's harder in like rural utah?

I can imagine that due to how far apart shit in america is it might be more difficult to live outside of the major cities... But many obviously do?!

So how do you as a single person get a 15k deposit well you work for a year and live with your parents... Yeah not everryone has that luxury but if you have a job and youre not a freak surely theyll give yoy some leeway If you show that youre saving up money for a house... Besides, If you've got a gf? Twice as easy, obviously? Save for 2 years? Maybe If you got your first proper job at 18 instead of 24? Easy!

Man If I got a job as like a fucking constuction worker or truck driver right out of high school id probably live in a palace right now

Yeah you guys have this crazy expensive college tuition... Wait til you hear what it cost you not working full time for 5 years?!

Do not put your kids in (((college)))

1 Like

Wow you make 500 bux more than me a month? Yeah well your rent is 10 Times my mortgage hahaha

Like even If interest went from 2 to 15% due to americans ruining the economy again I would still be able to live here even on welfare money lmao

Buy a house people... Its free
Faz can give testimony

If I can do it.. Surely 120 iq people here can. Even nmagane in egypt

@kittens knowing how to set up obs puts you way on top of the 1% intelligencd of the world.. What are you doing in some tiny apartment?

@whatever the turks name is... You speak english? Hello?

@Nyte youre a souther horse girl... You are meant to go to prom with your boy friend, get married and buy a house.

@SOPHIE you go to college... Top of the line american education. Make your Dreams come True.

@ironstove stop voting for democrats and invest your money on something that lasts your family generations

@yns its time.

that's facts