Whos the MVP Day 1

Intro

Was hoping for one more, but will have to make do. This setup contains a hidden miller. The miller does not know he is a miller and will receive a VT PM. He will flip miller upon death though.

A Miller is a town aligned player with no special power, however comes up guilty to cop checks.

Role PMs

Vanilla Town - 5

Vanilla Town PM

Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Vanilla Townie.

Abilities:

You have no abilities other than your voice and your vote.

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Town Cop - 1

Town Cop PM

Welcome, [Player Name], you are the Town Cop.

Abilities:

Investigate: Each night phase, you may target one player in the game to investigate them. You will receive a result of "Town", "Not town".

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Mafia Goon - 2

Mafia Goon PM

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Mafia Goon, along with your partner(s), [Player Name]
Abilities:

Factional Communication: Each night phase, you may talk to your group here [Link].
Factional Kill: Each night phase, you may send a member of your group to target another player in the game, attempting to kill them.

Win condition:

You win when the Mafia obtain a majority or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Alive Players

LuckyArtist
DEEPTHROAT
Nyte
im_cool_your_weird
Matticus
Nmagane
Friend
PassionForTrains

1 Like

@mafiabot startday 1913

Day 1 Start

Day will last until November 20, 2018 3:00 PM or Majority Vote.

Majority is 5

Valid bot commands are lynch @username, unlynch, votecount, vc

@mafiabot vc

Vote Count

Player Lynches

Not Voting

LuckyArtist
DEEPTHROAT
Nyte
im_cool_your_weird
Matticus
Nmagane
Friend
PassionForTrains

40c25160-eb39-11e8-b997-cf6c9802c73b

1 Like

Really happy with the players this game so going to give some thoughts on the setup.

There are eight players and two mafia. One town is going to come up as scum when read by cop. We need to keep cop alive so I suggest whoever is does not claim for at least the first day. I’m not really used to anyone heres Mafia play except for Friend who typically goes for an afk mafia strategy (whether intentionally or due to real life commitments).

I am vanilla town obviously.

It may be wise to not lynch anybody on the first day and wait until we have a night-kill and cop read to go off of.

2 Likes

Besides what I’ve already said there’s not much I can input into the thread until I get a gauge on other people’s personality this game. The setup is pretty simple so town’s chances are relying on a good cop. With eight players a day 1 mislynch will put us at a serious disadvantage.

1 Like

I agree. Is no Lynch an option?

Should be. There are no rules stating otherwise and that’s pretty standard gameplay, I think. This miller twist is pretty interesting. Why a miller? what’s the lore

1 Like

I thibk it’s pretty unlikely we accidentally train on the cop and force a claim which is the only scenario in which a no lynch is idea right?

I could see no lunch being the move if wwre really afraid of that case but I thibk that’s kinda an unlikely sequence of events to play around

Is ideal* sry on mobile

from what ive seen no lynch is better in setups that are more based on concrete evidence and have investigative roles like cop, and lynching is better in setups that are more reads based

No Lynch is also better in smaller games in general. I think a Lynch could still be viable today, but for now I’d settle on no lynch

A lot of games on this site don’t let you no Lynch and don’t say so in their rules, only through host clarification

Hello friends. Not only am I the mvp, but I’m the mafia god. Sheep me to victory thanks.

1 Like

You can vote no lynch, I just have not coded the bot to accept those yet.

Vote normally for those and I will manually count them, as you do not have a current bot lynch target.

It is true that No Lynch is the Optimal play - but do we really have to settle for that?
For the cop: Do not use your ability on me - I am vanilla town - Do not waste your ability day 1 on me. If you want to win: Use it on someone else.
For everyone else: Based on these last eighteen posts - would you agree that @Nyte is looking the worst here?

Looking forward to this game - with no cheaters and spammers.

2 Likes