ww2

super serious hardcore military history discussion only here :triumph: :triumph:

i mean if you play hearts of iron blitzing china immediately is definitely the play but that assumes the warring factions wont work together against you

i doubt the IJA had enough bullets for everyone in china, and the way they treated all the subjugated asian peoples there was no way people would just surrender to them. would have at least had guerrillas the entire time

invading china was definitely the correct move, you’re overblowing china’s strength at the time. they were just coming out of Qing rule and had an internal civil war at the time. if things didn’t stall in the pacific, they would have easily taken all of the mainland.

and if the modern era tells us anything it’s that the west doesn’t care very much if an imperialist state takes control of most of the east asian sphere

1 Like

Ever seen a Chinese person? I haven't. They might be a lie

i have, china’s definitely there

You cannot prove to me that youre not a cog in this cogspirancy

its true. everyone except you have been chinese this entire time.

no he's the only chinese human being

yea but how are conquering and controlling china when your navy is guzzling oil just staying afloat. god forbid you launch a mass invasion into mainland china and the IJA needs supplies

it would be like trying to eat 100 pancakes in one sitting then throwing an elephant on top of it

looking back playing buddy buddy and actually liberating asian peoples seems like the only real play for japan. at least you might get the populace on your side. instead you have philipinos desperate for the return of the white man and alienate the entire continent

something something racial superiority indoctrination

just crazy that the japanese military/government allowed such a catastrophic fuck up to occur

like most countries even germany aided china against japan for some time. at least when western imperialism took root the strategy was divide and conquer while drugging the populace

Haha this guy definitely has mental issues

yeet i spend my free time reading books

I allocate time to reading so it's not technically free time

japan itself is pretty resource-poor so invading places is pretty legit economically

imagine being an island

korea and manchuria sure but whole scale invasion of japan? yea they were suffering under a food crisis as everyone except the US was at the time but man that's a bold strategy