Amateur Programmer Thread

untrue unfortunately

Please do not post in this thread.

1 Like

[info] Run completed in 8 seconds, 562 milliseconds.

:thumbsup:

2 Likes

Slander i did nothing of the sort

It is kinda funny how almost every programming interviews boil down to 'do you know the right data structure for this'

1 Like

Bogo sort

does that stage happen before or after you respond to a recruiter email with "KILL YOURSELF ■■■■■■" in a file named 'resume.pdf'?

FUCK OFF

2 Likes

Going to be solving Ax = b tonight in a single cycle. Going to be sooooooo bad looool. XD

2 Likes

Yup

Literacy tests are more fun

I wanted to follow up from my previous message. I want to make sure you don’t miss out on this opportunity with us. I have direct contact with the hiring managers on the [REDACTED].

Going to get a job at FAANG and then commit a mass shooting.

1 Like

OFFICIAL AMATEUR PROGRAMMER THREAD MATRIX PROCESSOR DESIGN SUBTHREAD

OFFICIAL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION:

OUR GOAL IS TO BUILD A VECTOR/MATRIX PROCESSING UNIT CAPABLE OF COMPUTING THE CONJUGATE GRADIENT METHOD.

So we encounter MxM SDP matrices (these could be optimized down to triangular matrices, but that's premature) and Mx1 matrices.

Our processor design needs to effectively compute the dot product with extreme efficiency.

My initial thoughts are to take 3-4 separate ALU~ type units with vector chaining:

A question: do I implement some VLIW type instruction set where I can address each ALU/bank independently or do I just implement high-level instructions (akin to dot-product, matmul, matmul_transpose, etc.) that take total control over all ALUs?

2 Likes

@Matticus is this important work

@a2pas

Sure. Back when I was an amateur programmer I worked on solving LCPs for collision resolution. For that the popular ones are Lemke's algorithm and Projected Gauss-Seidel.

1 Like

Someone on a college campus download this for me.

Thanks!

2 Likes

This can't be used for games. I'm sorry, but that automatically makes it a boring research topic.

1 Like

You will never be a woman.

1 Like
1 Like

2 Likes

Stakeholder thinks he can program faster than the programmers. Told him to go for it, sent basic instructions and now hes asking me stuff like what cd means. I'm tickled