Blue Collar Confusion

It's like a tattoo... it makes you look poor....

What if the tattoo is expensive though

I don't think your vantablack theory holds up there (until it's a status symbol)

I will say I have no tattoos but your geometric tattoo idea for your self is what I would consider too, and have been for a while

Dude i spent my entire life trying to look poor and going around with 50 dollar phones so i don't get robbed or mugged because i've been living in shithole gettos for the last 5 years.

I'd think i know a little more about what makes someone look poor than you would.

1 Like

There is a market mechanism that finds prices... there is never going to be a tattoo that is actually worth 3 million dollars, no matter what you pay as sticker price.

I do this in my ghettos aswell

The tattoo isn't "expensive": you're just dumb and overpaying...

The idea is that because it's not a commodified product you can't simply slap a price on it and call it a day

my phone is $35...

1 Like

Granted Id be in the American ghetto where having Google earbuds, basketball shorts and hoodies is poor looking enough

It's quite the joke... an American saying something isn't a commodified product... they literally sell tranches of "netflix subscriptions" as a fixed-income product...

2 Likes

It's a service. You can consider it a product, it certainly is, but the kind of commodification we're talking is very physical

You aren't purchasing the service... you're purchasing the tattoo....

When I order food from Uber eats which is it

You are paying for both here obviously....

A service is "ephemeral"... a tattoo is distinctly a commodity....

I can't resell it

You could file copyright on the tattoo, you can't file copyright on the "service" you receive from Uber eats...

Yeah, you could. You could sell the rights to the artwork....