Book Club Thread

has anyone here read it?

@KurokyFan_2015 was telling me about it.

1 Like

it’s fucking incredible, definitely changes the way you look at the cosmos and our place in it

and the ideas are just so unbelievably cool, clearly this author is insanely passionate about physics, thought up some really cool and mind bending ideas and worked backwards from there

and if you are into math and especially physics this will probably be one of your favourite books ever @Tywin would probably have a religious experience

1 Like

What? Why was i tagged?

it’s a trilogy of books that use physics and physics related problems to create the most incredible and enthralling story

I cant read any of these posts ive had 4 monsters and am just staring at crypto charts for the last 6 hours

this video doesn’t even come close to scratching the surface btw

never once being able to predict what comes next

lel I have read one of these.

i hated it lmao

can't write characters and all the ideas are ones i was aware of shoehorned together

actually there were plenty i wasnt aware of but most of them seem practically not likely to be true

1 Like

Read what?

Nevermind even if you guys post something id be unable to read it

i hate the girl from the third book but luo chi or whatever the first sword holder was fucking cool imo

as a work of pure literature i agree but as a work of scifi i don’t

scifi is like 100x harder to write than most genres so I try to be generous

any reccs on a good scifi cosmic horror book?

yeah honestly im probably too autistic to appreciate close-to-reality-but-just-unlikely-reflective sci fi ideas its a me issue

its easier for me when things dont pretend to be plausible in our universe

1 Like

2 Likes

that’s not autistic and perfectly valid, lots of people feel that way