Book Club Thread

i know gothic cathedrals in europe typically took a century or two to actually complete

meanwhile americans put up the equivalent of a prefab with just wood and call it a day because we're based

I can't believe people managed to program without a compiler! Must have been aliens!

2 Likes

It's like saying they managed to compile 100k lines of code by hand.

The Chinese cope of "the pyramids were completed by Napoleon to embarrass the East" is a better explanation.

im sure it took a long time of work by both skilled tradesmen and lots of slave manpower. not to mention the money to pay and feed them

Joseph Davidovits (born 23 March 1935) is a French materials scientist known for the invention of geopolymer chemistry. He posited that the blocks of the Great Pyramid are not carved stone but mostly a form of limestone concrete or man-made stone. He holds the Ordre National du Mérite.

the only civilization where i think aliens/hyperadvanced humans could have been involved at all is the mayans but it was probably just a mix of getting bodied by the aztecs, jonestown suicide pacts, and regular old disease/starvation

then the rest just blow town because fuck cleaning up that mess

posited? they're right there

1 Like

i cant find the quote but the greek mercenary xenophon saw the walls of babylon and thought they must have been built by gods because his own countrymen could never dream of building something so imposing, even when the walls and city were decrepit and crumbling

In the book “Fictitious Ancient Greek Civilization,” published in 2015, author Dong Binsheng, claims that ancient Greek civilization does not have any credible philology or archeologically credible proof.

The history of ancient Greece is a cultural movement. This movement began around the 14th century, Dong argues. Rather than a “Renaissance” of classical western civilization, the Age of Enlightenment was a product of contact with Chinese civilization.

1 Like

which was in part due to the crusades and mongols forcibly connecting the world so europeans relearned throwing shit out your window into the street is a bad idea

these people truly are our greatest ally

tfw no priestess of the sun qt waifu

they are still building the one in barcelona lol

if she isn't stacking skulls for the skull throne miss me

1 Like

Hyperion by ■■■ Simmons.

2 Likes