Book Club Thread

Because a chain store like Barnes and Nobles deserves to go under after killing enjoyable independent bookstores

kaBLAM

Incredible

I suppose I appreciate your commitment to principle

Like I said, I never steal from independent bookstores. There just aren’t any close by, but I do buy from then anytime I find one. Also, most were stolen back when I was broke and in college

Why not? I steal from anyone that’s a part of the destructive capitalist machine independent bookstores or not

anyone have a novel rec

preferably something that will make me cry

Kimi No Wa

Higurashi When They Cry

1 Like

no FUCKIBNG joke this

but not Higurashi just Umineko lol

umineko was incoherent garbage

ok im sorry i didnt have to shit on one of your likes for no reason

jhlarious that you’d say that given how often you mention other possible worlds and shit like that

its all possible worlds, just different setups on a “chess board”

the only real world is the end of seven tho

ive always loved detective kinda books

its definitely more worth it to read like different books from agatha christie instead of reading this love letter to agatha christie that is like the length of 2 fucking bibles lmao

i just thought the anime’s pacing was totally garbage and didnt outline the limits of anybody’s abilities well enough nor specified rules in a way where i could understand a set of rules for the universe/multiverse/whatever that was consistent

and then i didnt give the vn a shot; tried to read spoilers to understand how the vn’s progerssion might be better but idk maybe its just something thats really hard to write good summaries for?

the anime is absolute ass and nobody recommends it in a serious sense because it spoils you on the first 4 episodes of the VN. the vn is considered vastly superior

this is something thats hard to write good summaries for. the only summary to give you is that you have to guesswho the killer is and try to figure out what would be possible, everything that happens in the book is done without the aid of witchcraft or anything. theres a solution to everything

the other thing thats hard to explain about the book is that its all kinda written from Battler’s perspective too, so there’s some characters that seem a little too clean and its because he likes everyone lol. basically you go into it like its some interactive diary or something

1 Like

is this the vn club now?