Book Club Thread

i only buy or order from amazon and indigo/chapters

The VN is Really Good. again The anime only covers the first 4 episodes and yes it was written to be kinda hard to understand so nobody solves the mystery. the end of 4 is a cliffhanger to when they followed through and released 5-8, which really explains most of it.

honestly though i dont really doubt that Higurashi is good as well Ryukishi07 is really fucking smart and his interviews are always great to read

ftr higurashi and umineko take place in the same universe but have pretty much no direct relation

does there exist a non trash vn adaptation? no.

i would normally agree but then they went ahead and released a really good version on Steam with improved everything and made it so you dont have to download the japanese ass shit and figure out how to get it going yourself

discounting literal 1 in 10000 kamige ofc

i meant anime adaptation

lets read summer pockets boys

:weary:
1 Like

I always shop at thriftbooks.com cause yeah fuck the chains

small book stores are still poppin in Japan its pretty neat.

I am reading a short story collection by Hoshi Shinchi

Can you walk us through what your process looks like for stealing books from chain bookstores

Like do you just pick them up and walk out? Do you wear a large trench coat and hide them in its pockets?

3 Likes

i used to torrent terry pratchett bibliography as a teen and read them on my 3" screen because i wanted to read originals and not the finnish translations from library

Hmm eagerly awaiting a good book for our club.

1 Like

Pick them up, walk out. Put them in a backpack. Stuff inside a jacket. Anything works. It’s really easy

1 Like

would you guys be down for reading some non-fiction/historical shit

https://nyupress.org/books/9780814725245/

i really enjoyed this one recently

i partially grew up in louisiana/mississippi so it was extra interesting to hear about places and things i had seen, not knowing their significance

we should read marx

1 Like

1 Like