Curse of Strahd - Out of Character Discussion

Rape is not allowed

I’ll be reading the game thread in the morning and making any posts I need.

So if I post I attack the barkeeper I wait for you to come in and post in the actual thread before I roll? Or do roll preemptively in the same post and you let me know what happens. I’m confused how much of actions are determined by stats and rolls or roleplay. Any interaction with an NPC introduced by roragok I assume requires a roll because they could be important

This my first play by post, but I was expecting you to write something like. I raise my greataxe and bring it down upon npc.

Or like I kneel down to look for tracks.

End writing. I would come in and say hey make a attack roll or survival check etc.

Or can just @ me here and tell me what you want to do and I can help facilitate the best I can.

It’s gonna be a learning curve but I am really excited.

I’ve actually never played where you can’t influence or affect your party members. Is that common?

I find forcing other player characters to do things via rolling, is bad for team cohesion.

If you want to suggest a dumb plan to a stupid guy. He might follow up cause he trusts you but I won’t let you like 20 persuaded a party member to do something they clearly don’t want to do.

Also prevents rape

Is there a timeline on some sort of day/night cycle? Do we unanimously decide to rest?

Yeah we need to decide to sleep or go on.

Generally yes. Splitting the party is never a good idea.

@dnd-party
I’m basically trying to figure out at this point if you are sleeping for the night or leaveing now.

Leaving now.

That’s fine but you guys more or less need to decide as a group.

Some have already taken to their rooms.

Waits patiently

Can it be morning already so I can stumble down the stairs and I can join the party

i dont see any reason why you gotta mimic real day cycles lol

This has been argued for nearly twenty four hours can you go fuck yourself Benny. It’s quite clear at least four people expressed not venturing out at night and everyone else was inactive.