dungeon mafia

Can you link it or explain it here? I don’t know what “n2 chat” is.

lol. not sure, shoulda claimed to scrounge

Dan should of been more careful with his grammar.

Yes you should have rofl

eat my ass

This invitation especially goes out to bazinga and gwiz

and would have gone to Klaze if he'd have been town. Which I believed he was.

“So, um, my sort’ve interesting idea last night was that I think a strong play for Ogre would be to quickly claim one of your partner’s items on D1 and then act really towny on D1 and then claim to have used said item on D2.”

FYI I would’ve carried that game had we played it out

I know you hate me now but I’m not seriously picking on you in games. Just roleplaying.

Given the state of the game, I agree 100%.

I told my team to do this, though it never happened for some reason

Weren’t you Ogre?

The thing that was really insane about Klaze’s play was that it perfectly mimicked the reaction a good VT would have to reading his role PM this game.

The reaction I had to seeing my role PM was:

1. There’s info in this pm that isn’t in the setup post
  2. There’s unique identifying info in every PM (items that look custom-made)
  3. It’s been worded in a way that creates opportunities for angleshooting and the VT pm isn’t in the OP

What this means is that VTs have a means to identify each other on D1 using setup info that wasn’t disclosed to non-VTs.

That’s why most good VTs entered with what was pretty much a direct quote of the PM - it was sharing info (but skirting a line, especially those who said “DE”) and allowing VTs to clear each other.

Klaze was incredibly lucky to basically mirror the exact play a DE needed to open with and probably would have won a ly/lo if it had come down to me vs him vs 1 town.

I suppose with the huge number of town players left who weren’t all on the same page (thanks mainly to my incredible kills on Dan and NMA) it was likely there would be somebody screwing around with some night action that would catch Klaze. But it was certainly good play. Shame he didn’t win the game so he can’t take the MVP.

No, although I got confirmation ogre would be transferred should I be the only remaining town. Gamut would probably die after bazinga though, so it’d be a 10+ day game, and with benny as a host that didn’t seem particularly appealing

Well then I got lucky because I saw your opening as optimal Ogre play.

I don't feel anything negative towards you, it's just you talking it up a lot. I'd encourage you not to do that stuff in future games because I was scumreading you for it. It looks very similar to what some older players used to do if they didn't want to be scumread by me - they would tunnel me and throw sand in my eyes in hopes I force a townread on them. Not good play and I've resolved to read it as scummy in the future.

I totally understand those criticisms. I've been having fun playing scummy D1 and realize it's poor town play.

My opening kinda fucked my teammates though (I wouldn’t blame this on me). Both Gamut and dan had scummy approaches to the massclaim

Your opening was a very scary opening for Ogre in my opinion.

I'd like to why what you mean by this. I criticized myself a lot on the no setup game.