Explanations For How Dota2 Got So Bad

Epic Dota Histiography Going on In This Thread

1 Like

this is a good thing. i just find it weird how the 'inner circle' only just now let the mask slip. took them about 9 years from the absolute peak of the game to what we have now, and in that interim period, a cognitive dissonance between white people posting on r/dota2 and the brown freaks in your pube games developed. A ton of decent folk of european stock quit and the majority of 'people' left are weird psychotic freaks who obsess over rank in a game full of rote learning rituals that have 0 translation to anything in the real world.

the slipping of the mask, the rapid brownification of the playerbase and valve unabashedly ruining the game is a positive development, since even psycho rankchuds have their limits, and they too will quit. we will return to wc3 player ideology where the object of the video game is about having fun, winning in funny ways, while the Timmys and the Spikes of the world seethe.

I think what made a game like PUBG so great on its first release was just how broken, buggy and unbalanced it was. Yes you could use an M4 with a silencer and 4x for everything, but why? Set up a vehicle blockade on the bridge, create unique situations, use a crossbow because its fun. Kill Chinese campers with grenades. Then they patched it a thousand times and each newer iteration of the game made it worse.

1 Like

Schizophrenic.

You have no idea what this means.

Projection.

Complete nonsense.

Complete nonsense.

???

????

????

The opinion of a r*tard.

1 Like

And The Wheel Says -- You Are A Chi Long Qua Youtube Subscriber!

The best arguments against racism, anti-semitism are the repurposing analysis of The Great Replacement into Mario and Luigi.

I agree. "Balance" and attempts at "balance patches" make games bad.

This is just a valve issue. They’ve never been good at long term support of their games, just technical innovation. In their defense I imagine it’s a hard problem to solve but the rapid development of the meta off the back of players like ppd lambasting it was a very wrong move

Instead of focusing on making the game more accessible and fun to old and new fans (plus light meta patches as a result) they did the opposite. The writing was always on the wall

1 Like

Can u elaborate on this I think I missed that phase

All I know is that Dota is not accessible to me now, neutral items talents facets aspects there is just nothing to go back to. Lot of changes that dont add anything to the core loop of the game unless you consider the core loop of the game "Read up and memorize a bunch of info from a wiki"

Which to be fair may have always been the core of dota 2

CS isnt worse

Dota was never good

the post TI6 patch ruined dota (7.0, added talents)

1 Like

yes it was, dota1 was so fun

No it wasnt

once you got a client with reconnect like dotalicious or garena it was over

goated game

it was if you were good

Ive never played it

1 Like

You'd be on a public banlist for sure

2 Likes