Explanations For How Dota2 Got So Bad

You're genuinely so stupid. Dota has always been as much of a wiki game as it is today, you just didn't need to wiki anything because you already knew everything.

If you need a wiki to play dota while net cafe brown kids are 14k mmr without even knowing how to read english, you're the low IQ one.

you belong on r/dota2

that is literally the core loop of the game.... like dota at it's beginning

its*

I think halford's point about mtf heroes is a good one. When your favorite hero can be so fundamentally changed that you return to the game and don't know the hero any more, the game loses its identity and it's hard for old players to return to the game (or feel interested to return to the game)

I heard a lot of developers are transgender these days so that's probably why stuff like this is happening.

i mean sure maybe on the basis of game popularity, but it's not a NEW thing in dota. that IS dota.
literally look at all the dota heroes at their genesis, and where they stood in dota2 beta beginning. it's how dota has always been...

idc what you say, most of dota is a knowledge based skill. there is a real time decision-making skill, and a physical mechanics skill but the primary source of success/winning is informed decision-making.

so if you're an old player returning and crying about game changes i think you're just butthurt that you continually have to do what you did to be "good" in the first place. study the game state.

2 Likes

I know you’re joking but it is just about growing public/consumer group appeal and if that’s the straw that broke your back then your back game was weak. Those changes only serve to help grow dotas appeal by virtue of providing variety without you the player having to actually mind the addition of the content. since it doesn’t impact the moves you make ingame and doesn’t replace the core concept. Just fun or fetish or whatever

1 Like

This is why I submit lol feedback surveys with fake demo answers saying I’m trans. How else am I gonna get my important feedback to the front of the line

2 Likes

Yes that's right. And I think what we are saying is this version of "study the game state" feels like a cargo cult of the old version where things were added and changes were made just to give the autistic playerbase something to study. It doesnt feel like the core of dota any more but like they just kept tacking on nonsense to the point where you dont really feel interested to study. And then your favorite hero has transitioned to a woman and thats just the final slap in the face

1 Like

Hope u guys all saw the trans admin just neg me

you'll have to pardon that i just think it's a bit contrived to say "omg the game has become poe'ified" simply because they didn't completely remove hero's abilities or swap ultimates into qwe slots, etc

i understand not really enjoying the types of changes, but i also just think that at 20 years of tweaking, you're probably going to see some iteration of other ability-and-stats augmentations. poe didn't invent those things, either - it just was a wildly digestible, free game that had really quality lore and atmospheric aesthetics, imo.

You guys should get real jobs.

1 Like

No

You can tell which posters are annoying nerds by how they think "playing DoTA" and "studying for a math exam" are the same thing.

Im not studying for a math exam.

You're reducing my argument to "they made changes and that's bad" and arguing against that when actually our argument is "the changes they made are bad"

Regardless i decided long ago to just get a job or study something if I'm playing a video game that makes you feel like you are doing a job

No your argument is actually "they made changes and that's bad" because you have no idea what the changes they made are, you haven't played consistently at all for 10 years.
You cannot judge a change as bad or not because you are incapable of understanding what it even is.

Cringe: studying a one page patch note.
Based: studying a KZZ offline puck replay.

2 Likes