Faz's Crypto Thread

That girl trying to invite me to her nipple piercing lol

https://twitter.com/nikcantmine/status/1767666756087075232?t=lHdsJ_M_AmtdtOwuHc5Q5A&s=19

LMfao

1 Like

trying to say using a "self-custodial" wallet is a bad thing is seriously braindead. you should always store crypto yourself because then nobody can lose your money like FTX, or like the 100 other crypto exchanges that have blown up in the past 10 years. if you're not able to comprehend simple shit about crypto like writing down seed phrases you shouldn't be buying it

very wild stuff to say, non-custodial wallets are cancer and should be avoided.

1 Like

I store mine on paper in a safe.

2 Likes

Maybe you should get a vasectomy

I do keep it myself but I also trust kraken more than any other exchange. They're the exception otherwise I would never keep money on there.

The thing is, all these different tokens use different wallets so if you want to stake them, you need to setup a bunch of different wallets and then use each wallet to stake and claim stake etc...

Kraken integrated all of that shit into 1 page for their platform, also set it up so you auto claim staked rewards but they took a 30% cut of the rewards which I was totally fucking fine with because now I literally have 10+ different keys and 8 different apps and a shit load of bookmarks and dapps I had to setup and save in order to rebuild the setup that kraken had for me once they removed staking

Yea the idea of keeping your own keys is like keeping your own cash VS letting the bank hold it. I think that is a bank problem, not a cash problem. I have been using kraken for 10+ years and I personally know people who worked there and I know they were running a solid ship which is why they don't waste their money hiring Matt Damon for marketing a super bowl ad and spend all of that money on having secure tech, well paid and competent staff, and have had 0 fucking problems over the years and been one of the few players who have been around and not shit the bed. Results speak for themselves but yea I also know there is no insurance VS default so I don't keep the majority of my stuff there but I have had over 100k held in that exchange at any given point in the past during the bull runs and not bat an eye about it because they really are rock solid and don't fuck around so ill take the L if I end up wrong and they end up like FTX but literally every other exchange.

When it comes to staking, kraken centralizing all of that crap for me was too convenient to pass since I trusted them so much over the years. I have lost money on btce and polonix in the past btw so it's not like I haven't been burned but I also got better at seeing the signs

Inb4 kraken declares system hack and losing all their Btc. Either kraken is doing a good job or just hiding it better

it is the biggest benefit of centralization. It's supposed to make everything easier than dealing with crap yourself. The rate you get from a CD from a bank or shit like that isn't really the justification for putting your money in there -- it's the ease of access and transacting that make it so. Like not having a bank account doesn't just suck just because you have to pass up on the meh savings, it sucks because it's a pain in the ass to not have one

it's also supposed to be energy efficient as well, which I'm personally a fan of. Yeah it sucks when every transaction of mine isn't recorded on the blockchain but I don't really like the oodles of energy that shit takes either

1 Like

Not as hype as when you share it with the investment so I see how much you made in those 15 mins

You guys are re tards. You’re taking something that is supposed to be decentralized and just centralizing it and giving control to a bank like organization (but still not even a bank). Like what is the point? Go trade stocks and bonds and shit instead, you’re not even using the technology behind it and arent even attempting to use it.

I get that some level of interaction with exchanges is almost impossible to avoid because at the very least you probably need to purchase some crypto then pull it off the exchange but Jesus dude just leave it at that

1 Like

The point of crypto is that you don’t need a bank anymore and essentially operate as your own bank by being able to sign off on your own transactions. Like you can just have your wallet addresses for your savings and checking “accounts” and just send money to people and it’s fully owned by you. There’s literally 0 point to exchanges other than connecting buyers of cryptos to sellers of cryptos.

1 Like

Mfw theyre pumping popcat also

I mean yeah you’re right but there’s a reason why (a majority of) people continue to use exchanges regardless of that fact. Ease of accessibility and use matters a lot to people and it’s not that surprising. Your average individual isn’t smart enough or has enough attention to spare to figure that shut out

Always has been a critical factor anyways in software

Nobody cares about being your own bank account since like 2018 i hate to tell you

1 Like