Game of Thrones 2

everyone reacts differently. if anything dread makes me stoic probably steeling myself

This show seems to take pride in stabbing you in the stomach and twisting the blade

Genuinely a little too dark for me. I miss characters like sam

Everyone is so insanely morally grey

it took a whole season lol. tbf most og episodes did as well to really gut you but actually nothing happened in the first 5 episodes

First 5 episodes were to introduce you to the characters and give context to their relationships

They almost started at episode 5

Grrm wanted to start earlier

real dungeon masters build npc's as they go along they don't need to have exposition (lotr bad)

i mean i have used lore dumps and backstory spills before but it's just lazy 90% of the time

The autistic bug girl is the only truly happy character in the entire show. I miss young rhanerya

2 Likes

still seriously lacking in the shithead department

I sleep

gn

This is why I stopped watching after 1 episode. It was clear they were trying way too hard to lean into the "grimdark" bad stuff happens element

The magic of GoT world was that it was a real world full of real people and it didn't fall into the trap of plot armor - bad stuff could happen and did happen, plots took unexpected turns (because it subverts the expectation that main characters won't get hurt).

It's clear whoever wrote this didn't understand that nuance and was just like "well they liked when Ned died. They liked Red Wedding. Let's write some bad stuff"

the sheer crushing sadness and emotion of it all is what caused Aegon Targaryen to change his name to Gerard Way and start My Chemical Romance

it’s all very emotional

2 Likes

This series is true to the book it is based on. They arent intentionally killing characters to be edgy. Theyre following the books. Furthermore, the series is to be set over a span of roughly 170 years. All of the characters will die due to this. Most of them die to natural causes, which in a lot of ways is more sad

The show now has this man

How tightly is it based on fire and blood

From what alt shift x says there are very very few changes