Game of Thrones 2

I love the theory that Larys or whatever his name is killed his entire family just so he could jerk off to Alicent's feet

It ends tonight. Its all over tonight.

Incredible

okay that was fucking astounding, the more I learn about the characters and the books plot the more excited I get

Man I hope they don’t fuck this up

there had better not be any fucking green simps here

:hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face:

1 Like

2 Likes

YOOO michael zaki has prepared me for this :feelsokayman:

hopefully we're done with the fucking child birthing scenes

glad they cut the daemon scenes to show child birth

1 Like

writers being butthurt ppl love daemon is also hilarious as fuck

1 Like

great show tho. sad next season is probably late 2024

i think those scenes could have been shorter but I think they do a surprisingly good job at adding character and plot development

1st rhaenyra birth scene - establishes how Alicent has changed, how she’s really grown into her role as Queen (and become downright cruel and unrecognizable at times)

2nd rhaenyra scene does a great job in visually summing up her juxtaposition in that moment - she is extremely strong and extremely fragile at the same time.

we see this represented here visually with her finishing the birth herself (and possibly saving her own life) with every last ounce of strength she had left

and this strength we are shown here is reflected by everything in the plot

she has dragons, she has daemon, she has plenty of followers and whatever house velaryon can give her

yet it’s extremely fragile - the other side has more men, more support, and also has dragons, notably Vhagar. she risks losing everyone and everything she has ever loved

this fragility is also represented well by the way she does all the aftercare to the babe and won’t even let the silent sisters touch him.

this scene feels so far removed from the spoiled immature girl we start the season with, whose biggest worry was if the small folk would love her enough, and that she’d have to marry.

i will finosj this post tomorrow o am tired

tjeres more

it does 100% add character development until u listen to the writers talk about the scenes and the tl;dr from them tends to be "women are strong, men are dumb"

well i don't really care what they said, the result is the same

it taints the whole thing for me. it also taints it when they intentionally remove scenes that were already filmed and in the original edit just to simply make a character more disliked bc their narrative isn't perceived how they want it

Wasn't aware of this though, which scenes did they cut?

they cut a few scenes of humanizing Daemon.

On the final episode there was a leak with the included scene of Daemon breaking down after losing Viserys and the stillbirth, by the time the official release came out it was gone