[GAME] Theatrical Performance Day 2

he posts sexual content in the mafia thread that makes me uncomfortable.

and klaze 3rd?

"I have a rather simple strategy cooked up aswell, but if mafia is privy to it, they will be able to easily pivot their actions to murder it; I will type up my thoughts on this, encrypt them, and post them later.

They will be revealed once a rules clarification takes place."

can you update us on this?

That’s typical Jones fucking around. Why did you change your thoughts (did you?) On klaze?

Need @iaafr to respond to this

i just reread the beginning of this days events trying to see if klaze mafia made sense to me on reread

the post where he called benny mafia for the “scummier” wording reason stood out to me as a reach when i went back to it and then i started seeing what you guys supposedly saw

i can see how it looks like that but im town and im still not completely convinced klaze is scum

was in regards to clearing people by their membershp to the audience group together.

i mean q0q15 is reading me correctly in that im a moron who wants to believe im right that he’s scum

and if he’s scum klaze probably isnt because klaze just agreed without reservation on the screenwriter role thing i brought up

a q0q15 scum flip today would clear me and klaze and would make my early impressions of this game correct

but the reread of the earlier posts from this game day do look actually bad on klaze

these are the things im trying to weigh

overall at this exact point in time i guess im still leaning towards me moron => klaze scum => q0q15 town?

It’s funny, Wintermute’s “communication” system is an actual scum play; as to whether he’s scum is another case, but I think it’s actively bad for town.

When the mafia audience goes to lynch d1, they effectively can’t communicate with each other at all; couple this with the votes being tallied at day end, mafia can’t select a certain target to take a lynch off them or push a lynch on a certain player.

We’ve been thinking of it in terms of Performance <-> Audience, but the real value is in Audience <-> Audience in selecting lynches, whatever.

Now that they’ve had night chat, they could have made up a system, or maybe they don’t need a system at all, since we’ve had people do XYZ on emojis for a bit.

Maybe they just sheep and vote whoever is the most shitty in game, I don’t know.

But I was definitley thinking about the communication aspect wrong; it’s Audience <-> Audience communication.

1 Like

If Wintermute can town-tell himself and get people to put enough Detective Emojis on a certain player, the mafia can vote that person with the majority of town, and easily get a VT lynch.

Additionally, no one is going to parse through text for who “emoji’d” this guy or that guy, their “push/voting” record remains pristine.

We ban emoji’s right now and Audience members vow to not divulge details as to who they think is scum, etc.

Mafia can’t turn 2v2v2’s into 3v2s or something to that degree.

I don’t actually know, it’s just there’s more depth to this than I gave it credit for, but the depth is not in “pushing” a player and then scumreading them or some garbage like that.

if people actually keep track of audience members’ track record of suspicion then it can be useful to town; town can question past suspicions and certain specific reactions

im going through this game mostly assuming the reactions arent going to have that big an impact one way or the other and that the game will depend on individual reads more than (attempted) collaboration

That is just fucking wrong. Your entire reasoning for banning emoji’s is dead wrong. Getting information out of people is never wrong, a post is better than no posts, and an emoji is better than no emoji. The only way the Audience can ever communicate is through the Emoji’s, while scum have likely made a gameplan long in advance.

can i get your impressions on wintermute’s d1 play?

I agree with the play that he made. Though you could make an argument for not using emoji’s D1 (banning it now is downright awful though), but it would remove a core mechanic of the game and the little amount of impact/fun audience members had aside from their Lynch vote.

did anything he did cross your mind as alignment indicative? between his thing on how to use reactions or anything else he did d1

It seems like standard Alightsoul, and as I said I agree with the plays he made, though I have no real alignment read on him (perhaps very slight town).

Lynch Klaze for being a fucking moron; the Audience communicating with anyone is actively detrimental to town.

what stands out to me is that he really didnt attempt to make any sort of reads at all nor campaign for any specific lynch

makes me want to lean him scum but it’s really thin

I still would like to lynch jones solely because having a player in the performer’s pool twice in a row while another sits in the audience makes no sense, and jones has previously said he doesn’t play to win, but rather to enjoy himself (I’d argue being a performer is far more engaging than being in the audience).