Mafia Rules Draft

You can’t just steal a name, you know. That’s wrong.

i think when voting its acceptable to only count votes on forum names? what are your opinions on that specifically.

1 Like

"I think we should all lynch alightsoul
lynch wintermute"

well maybe it should be an etiquette idea only use forum names. Like last game i was super confused when people were calling two posters jones.

or create a list of known akas but i feel that would be tiresome

You have a point but the Jones thing is a result of account sharing (falls under general forum rules) more than anything.

just make a thing you click so people arent typing names to lynch at all

any solution short of that is half-assed, not scalable, not sustainable etc

we have people who know computer stuff on this site right

Disagreed - the lynching in bold text is a core part of the game

You’re all virgins

No

I’ve noticed other mafia websites have these random volunteer dudes who do a massive amount of work to build custom features and javascripts for the site

I was thinking in the absence of any person here actually doing any work it would be a good idea to reach out and try to headhunt those guys

Like - Hey. You know how you spend a bunch of time building things for free for your current mafia site? We have a mafia site over here with no mafia features. Want to come hang around?

Then again the community would probably scare those people away. They are like unicorns

Do you mean like leave a poll open or something? Feel like that would be abused.

If they wanna come here and build out shit I’d give em the gold name and suckthey toes. Just saves me time lmao

Posting the set of rules I believe we have more or less all agreed on. I am looking to host the next signup this morning as well.

You really forgot two big ones: no discussion of PMs/private chats and you must play to your wincon

Also need something that says “if u do x, y will happen” so that we don’t have a big argument every time rules are broken about what should happen, whether anything was broken in the first place, whether it’s “host discretion,” and eventually nothing happens at all and people forget about it

• resulting in the eventual erosion of the rules ruleset as a whole