Magic the Gathering thread

i just stop playing ranked in diamond
no point in grinding against temur rec and bant ramp when the rewards are meh

jk maybe its 2-3 i played against some bad mardu deck

I've gotten super into it the past two months. My group of friends only plays Commander now, and I love the format

what do you mean memeing and how does that card (simic) exist (i'm assuming it's fake)

1 mana draw two play 2 lands is beyond broken but the fact I took it even slightly seriously shows just how ridiculous simic (green and blue) ramp has gotten
Turn 1 land grazer land
Turn 2 land cultivate land
Turn 3 land nissa
Turn 4 land ugin exile all enemy permanents

Anyone pulled out the new teferi yet that’s a commander card if there ever was one

I don’t know the jargon dude
I just saw an impossible card lol

What the fuck? I just saw that. We always play 4 player commander, so it's incredibly fucking broken, 4 times as many loyalty counters as you could normally get.

Those were all just card names

Meant the ramp
I can intuit but I don’t like to

Honestly magic is super easy to get into with mtg arena you should download it and try

Ramp means increasing your land base by more than 1 mana per turn

I just dl it a few days ago

Not like I’m new to mtg but uh, I never kept up with expansions and certainly never got into tournament play. Just played with friends mostly on old decks. But yeah I wanted to check it out just haven’t had the time

Lands, once played from hand, can be tapped (turned sideways) for mana to cast spells. In normal situations you can only play 1 land per turn.

growth spiral (a ramp card) allows you to draw a card and play a land from your hand, at the cost of 2 mana. That land bypasses the 1 land per turn rule

Oh cool cool yeah once you finish the tut all the terms come easy

The great thing about losing to some mechanic is that you’ll probably remember it

Unless it’s blue narset preventing you from drawing more than 1 card

1 Like

Yup you can ult it super fast

After looting a bunch it’s real good

Oath of Teferi is super cheap to buy online too. You could get his -10 out in one round with that shit. Broken as fuck.

Fucking gavi commander precon is already like $80. The no cost counterspell if your commander is in play is like $35 by itself now. Wish I bought it last week when I wanted to, but my roommate was getting it so I figured I'd wait and buy the Ruthless Regiment precon instead