Mindhunter Signups [Optional game!]

Summary: This is a game based on the hit series Mindhunter! It is a detective game where you must find the Serial Killer, Copycat, and Goon based primarily on your personality reads and the limited information you gather from your night actions! But beware! The scum faction are given a town role so will blend in easily. The setup is 8 town vs 3 scum.

Strategy: Despite what may appear to be complex rules, this is primarily a reads-based game. The information each player gathers can never 100% incriminate anyone, so it will be up to your reads to finish the game! Adamantly claim you are innocent and you will prevail!

I have outlined the rules HERE
But will be simplifying and changing the rules as the signup process progresses.

This is an 11 player game, and if there isn't enough interest you should join Bazinga's game instead.

Roles (tldr version)
--11p-----------------
1x Unit Chief [Confirmed Town] ...give target one more charge
1x Co-ed [Confirmed Town] ...vanilla
1x Tracker ...1-shot track target
1x Profiler ...1-shot learn if target could have killed any players during the current night using behavioral analysis, chief and co-ed always return a negative.
1x Psychologist ...1-shot learn if target could have killed any players during the current night looking at mental illness, chief and co-ed always return a negative.
1x Reporter ...1-shot receive target's notifications, they are notified, won't include target names
1x Voyeur ...1-shot learn what type of actions were performed on a target
1x Mimic ...1-shot choose a living role and use their night action on a target, cancels living role's action
1x Janitor ...1-shot conceal, plant, or reveal evidence for target for the night and next day
1x Tailor ...1-shot give yourself or a target an outfit of any role for the night and following day
1x Serviceman ...1-shot give one-time use armor, fails on students

Role pms

Unit Chief

Unit Chief (Manipulative)

You are Shepard the Unit Chief from the hit TV series Mindhunter. It's your job to make sure the Bureau is a tight ship. Find someone you can rely on to solve this case. You are confirmed town.

Abilities:
Promote: Visit a target and add an extra charge to their town role night action. You and target player are notified of their promotion.

Win Condition:
You win when you eliminate all threats to town.

Co-ed

Co-ed (Vanilla)

You are a student attending W&J College. The serial killers are trying to find and kill you. You are confirmed town.

Abilities:
You have no abilities. Your only weapon is your vote.

Win Condition:
You win when you eliminate all threats to town.

Tracker

Tracker (Informative)

You are Bill Tench the Special Agent from the hit TV series Mindhunter.

Abilities:
Track (1-shot): Visit a target to learn who they visited that night.

Win Condition:
If you are town, you win when you eliminate all threats to town.

Profiler

Profiler (Informative)

You are Holden Ford the Special Agent from the hit TV series Mindhunter.

Abilities:
Profile (1-shot): Visit a target at night to learn if they might have killed any players that died at during the current night using behavioral pattern analysis. Returns 'partial match' if it's possible, otherwise returns "no match". Always returns 'no match' for Chief and Co-ed.
(Notes) Your single evaluation by itself isn't enough to incriminate the target since several players share the same traits. If the Pychologist has a 'partial match' on the same target, it is certain. The later the game goes, the more likely your single evaluation is accurate.

Win Condition:

Psychologist

Psychologist (Informative)

You are Wendy Carr the Closeted Psychologist from the hit TV series Mindhunter.

Abilities:
Evaluate (1-shot): Visit a target at night to learn if they might have killed any players that died during the current night by looking at psychological distress and mental illness. Returns 'partial match' if it's possible, otherwise returns "no match". Always returns 'no match' for Chief and Co-ed.
(Notes) Your single evaluation by itself isn't enough to incriminate the target since several players share the same traits. If the Profiler has a 'partial match' on the same target, it is certain. The later the game goes, the more likely your single evaluation is accurate.

Win Condition:

Reporter

Reporter (Informative)

You are a Pennsylvanian Reporter covering all the hard-hitting local news stories.

Abilities:
Interview (1-shot): Visit a target. If they had notifications for the night, you receive them and the target is notified that they were interviewed. These notifications won't include who the target targeted.

Win Condition:

Voyeur

Voyeur (Informative)

You are a professional person-watcher.

Abilities:
Peep (1-shot): Visit a target to learn of what types of actions were used on the target. (Informative, Manipulative, Protective)

Win Condition:

Mimic

Mimic (Manipulative)

You are an expert imitator.

Abilities:
Imitate (1-shot): Choose a living town role. Visit a target and perform that role's night action. If the player with the chosen role used their night action on the same night, it is roleblocked. If the role isn't alive, your action fails.

Win Condition:

Janitor

Janitor (Manipulative)

You are a lowly janitor, or so everyone believes.

Abilities:
Nightshift (1-shot): Visit a target and conceal, plant or reveal evidence for one day. If they die in the night or during the next day, their role will be shown based on the option chosen.
(Notes) Conceal will hide the target's scum role. Planting evidence will automatically reveal a scum role not flipped this game, or you may choose one yourself. Reveal will show a hidden scum role.

Win Condition:

Tailor

Tailor (Manipulative)

You are a skilled tailor, among other things. Dress someone up in a convincing outfit to confuse the bad guys!

Abilities:
Tailor (1-shot): Visit a target (including yourself) and give them an outfit of any role from this game for one day. Role checks AREN'T changed to the new role type. If the target dies in the night or the following day, their role will match the outfit you made.

Win Condition:

Serviceman

Serviceman (Protective)

You are an electronic security serviceman working for ADT, America's #1 Home Security Provider.

Abilities:
Secure Home (1-shot): Visit a target to install a security system in their house that they can use once to gain 1-shot bulletproof for the night that they use it. Will fail if used on a student as they live in dorms, otherwise you and target are notified that it was successfully installed.

Win Condition:

Serial Killer (or Copycat Killer)

Serial Killer (or Copycat Killer)

Knowledge is transcendent, but it is also a siren song for our neuroses. You are the Serial Killer/Copycat Killer. The Copycat Killer/Serial Killer is [Player Name], [Role Name]. The Goon is [Player Name], [Role Name].

Abilities:
You are initially considered an innocent town and will not reveal Serial Killer/Copycat Killer on death until you do a night kill.
[Factional Communication] You have day & night chat with your partners. [Link]
[Factional Kill] You or one of your partners may visit a target at night to kill them, but this will reveal the killer's psychological traits and brand him by his scum role on death.
Co-ed Killer: Once this game, either Serial Killer or Copycat Killer can visit a target to kill them, but only succeeds if the target is the Co-ed.
Notes: You may combine night kills with your town night action.

Win Condition:
You win when scum controls half or more of the town population.

Goon

Goon

You are a henchman serving a "higher purpose". Your partners are [Player Name] [Role Name] and [Player Name] [Role Name].

Abilities:
Unlike Serial Killer and Copycat Killer, you have a criminal record and will be considered scum from the beginning and will reveal Goon on death unless your scum role is hidden by Janitor.
[Factional Communication] You have day & night chat with your partners. [Link]
[Factional Kill] You or one of your partners may visit a target at night to kill them, but this will reveal the killer's psychological traits and brand him by his scum role on death.
Notes: You may combine night kills with your town night action.

Win Condition:
You win when scum controls half or more of the town population.

1 Like

@mafiabot host

@mafiabot sign

@mafiabot sign

@mafiabot .s

@mafiabot .s

@mafiabot .s

I have modified the game to be 11 players with 3 scum vs 8 town and modified the role pms in the setup thread to reflect the changes. I'll be making properly formatted role pms in the OP of this thread.

I have also modified the game to be standard win condition for scum, and now they are given a special 1-shot kill if they think they have found a co-ed (mason).

1 Like

@mafiabot sign

ps: dont let benny in thanks.

You sign every game, intentionally or unintentionally bring down the game quality and then complain about everyone else.

Your weird obsessional grudge against me (dating back to me killing you in minecraft as a result of you killing me and you flipping out in discord) is forced humor and dumb.

1 Like

apologize to me and admit that i am the better minecraft plyer and maybe ill change my vote to allow you to play in these games benny.

Now that I've increased the scum to 3, I've realized that the gundealer is too strong if given to the scum faction. I will make sure this is balanced before the game starts.

I've made the last round of largish changes to the setup. There's now only 1 co-ed. Gundealer has been replaced with Lazy Sheriff (who is a confirmed town). And added a 1-shot Jailer to offset the lost role.

If and when the game starts I might make some minor changes, but I've simplified everything down to a point where I'm happy with it.

1 Like

@mafiabot s
assuming the other game wont run at the same time i can barely do one at a time.

@mafiabot sign list

@mafiabot slist

Signed Players

epok
ian
Roragok
Nyte
PassionForTrains
kyle

3c7018d0-7b45-11e9-81b9-4798e7e2ffc5