My walnut brain can't figure it out.

oh yea did they add that bicycle behind big pit?

I just run around with msg's and farm weapons for the good players lol

Bunch of fucking nerds in this thread

im gonna beat you up

Removed truck, made pit more annoying to play around, made courtyard more annoying too I think. Tbh inferno was always mid and needed something more like what they did to Nuke than anything. Maybe some better option for apartments play. The point is that they heard the map is cramped so they widened pathways out but it didn't change how cramped it feels to play anyways so it didn't do anything for me

They removed the bells in T spawn can you believe that

i've always liked inferno because of the challenges it presents, forces you to play really well as a team on T side or fail miserably

sadly that just does not translate well to pugs

Empowering supports is good, but they went too far.

There is no in-game/economic downside to playing "good" support now (buying wards, joining fights, etc), it's all just based on how involved the player is willing to play in that role since supports don't have to prioritize farming at all for gold or experience. You get tomes, free XP just for breathing, lose almost no gold for dying, and give almost no gold/xp for dying as well, so it's like yea, I can literally just fucking run around all game and be a scourge to the opposing team just for being alive and it requires no strategy/decision making anymore in terms of map positioning, picking teleport and which fights to join as a support because the money part of that role is gone.

I'd also argue that free wards has fucked the game because now it's impossible for me to buy wards on my team, these morons keep buying them out and planting them in super obvious places to feed the enemy team gold and XP and it costs them nothing for being morons since wards are free so they keep doing it.

Nowadays every dota fight you literally fucking see the entire team 5v5 bash and any team that doesn't have close to a 5v5 gets roflstomped so overall there are less 'skirmishes' on the map because I guess it's harder to keep track of and broadcast, so now every fight is this clusterfuck where you have no clue what's happening because you're literally getting hit off screen by shit while trying to fight the person in front of you (one of the reasons why supports are so strong now, because if you have a support that can save you in that situation, you're gold, but individual players no longer have the ability to react on their own to off-screen bullshit) and we're in this meta where pick offs don't really happen anymore because how easy it is for people to counter-punch and immediately wind-up again because there is no punish for them missing, no price to pay for ammo while the attacker has to pay a price if they fail the attack.

It feels like there's no downside for 'failing' at being defensive i.e. trying to block and missing the block, you take almost no damage and barely give anything to the opponent, versus trying to hit, and missing the hit, you get counter-punched and it fucking destroys your guts because of how much fucking gold and XP you give back, like what fucking planet does killing an opponent give 2k gold and 3 levels? Like holy shit man, that's fucking dumb.

Comeback gold, and these buyback changes are also cancer too. Let people buyback as much as they want, but make it cost money, like a fixed 35% of current total net worth, meaning that shit can potentially eviscerate all of your existing gold to 0, or you just don't have enough even if you have 8k gold cuz fuck your farming heroes.

1 Like

I did enjoy playing support more when it wasn't uncommon to only have boots stick urn medallion at like 30 minutes. your team actually had to give you farm if they wanted an aghs like aa or visage now supports are rolling with glimmer, aeon, shard, force unless your team is getting completely rolled. i do enjoy the tp change at least the aspect of it not consuming a slot

buybacks are a terrible concept to begin with and tend to drag the game out unnecessarily on account of teams wanting to be safe. you should have a set amount per game or have a rapidly scaling cost to make refarming them unfeasible

are you gay?

1 Like

it was also more important to spread farm out as the game went later. now you have moonshard, agh shard, blessing, buyback farm etc carries can suck up farm forever

i dunno how i feel about tome seems like a bandaid to a problem (is it really a problem?) of heroes that sacrifice in the laning phase and die in fights before getting xp

I think in previous dota, a great support was one who was able to balance leveling up, getting gold, and most importantly valuing their life enough that they chose their encounters carefully the same way cores had to in order to decide if they were sure that the fight was one they could win otherwise they'd fuck up their game and timings. Teleport scrolls cost money, and the cooldowns were fucking long, so you couldn't just move around the map all fucking easy and free, like hurdur, I want a teleport, let me suicide to the enemy tower so I can go back to base and get a free TP.

It was common to do single-player outplays/carries because supports were weaker, being a good player was more rewarding if you took high risk plays, but now you've reached this state where dota is more 'balanced' in terms of the power level/influence each player can bring into the game which consequently removes the individual player's ability to influence a game because the game has moved to a point where a single hero has a lower ceiling and ability to carry than previously.

It's so easy for people to move around the map in terms of access points and cost, so you chase people and get fucked almost all the time, most games that never had wards now have wards all the time because they're fucking free, so now I need to buy sentries, which cost money to deward, but I don't even know for sure where the dewards are because I was the one that got caught trying to be offensive. Why the fuck do I have to pay? If you're gonna make obs free, make sentries free, like holy shi-

Now, support heroes are powerful all throughout the game, not just early game. Stuff like aeon disk combined with items like force staff and glimmer cape or even an inherent invulnerability like WD shard make it so you're basically unkillable because a core can't solo kill you fast enough that your team can't just warp into the fight in 1 second and kill the player, so the amount of resources they'd have to commit to actually kill you would tap them out for a P5 and also cost the fight. That's BULLSHIT and fucking sucks. Nobody fucking likes this shit, like nobody enjoys playing against that trash or watching this stupid cheese become the best way to play dota.

You literally are only limited by game timers for stuff like smoke/wards because they're practically free so trying to be a support only requires you to try to fulfill the role well by prioritizing the things which are free such as watching the map, finding enemy wards, planting good wards, and using scans/smokes to protect cores etc...

It is too easy to watch people on the map now and vision is too 'everywhere' because of how quick people can teleport to fights with the outpost always existing and being easy to retake because it's really high-risk/low-reward for enemy teams to contest an outpostt being reclaimed, so I see this meta where everyone is just turtling, these games feel so fucking drawn out in the wrong way because it's so easy to punish early game aggression.

1 Like

Dota is in the best iteration it's ever been in, and I say this as the person on this forum that plays the most (and also only Divine rated poster in this thread).

No, but I am extremely high RN.

1 Like

lets ask nihil

I'm copper 5, do you think I can execute these strats to climb? I honestly didn't know there's strategy in cs, I always thought that game was like, spawn with a gun and run around the map to try to shoot first and the person with better aim wins.

jk, I know there's some strategy like taking a site with nades/smokes but nobody in my games are good enough for that shit, everyone just runs around like headless chickens, people don't even buy smokes.

1 Like

copper 5? more like ■■■■■■ 5