NAMafia Film Club

lady jessica is a great character imo, but for the first book beyond paul yeah that's about it.

i don't know if i'd call her dynamic. she more or less only submits to paul because he's stronger than her not out of a change of heart

Good point

cool character for sure though

I think in order to really understand DUNE you need to play the 10-hour board game version

1 Like

lol i have that never finished reading the rules though

1 Like

Never read the rules of the 10-hour board game = opinion discarded.

1 Like

me reading the rules wouldn't even matter because you still have to convince 5 other people to listen to you explain them after :omegalul:

1 Like

I gotta also disagree with this, I didn't find any part of it torturous to read, quite the opposite - much more readable than a lot of sci fi of the time

there's some exposition that goes on a bit too long in the first 30 pages and could have been better written (Paul learning about Arrakis and the Fremen), but that's about it imo

I think generally if you don't like reading Dune you won't like reading most of sci fi from that era and I think that's a completely fair opinion to have

1 Like

it's was too repetitive for me with some themes. the exposition is one thing but constantly reiterating some concepts was just tiring after a while

it is yeah

liking this stuff is all subjective

1 Like

yeah fair enough

is there a way to play board games online (risk, the dune game, etc)? a 3-4 person game wouldn't be the hardest thing in the world to organize if you can, I think a lot of people here like board games (especially the three of us)

I think Sophie lbj iaafr matticus and a few of the goys do as well

an NAMAFIA Risk game would be insanely fun imo

1 Like

Tabletop simulator has a lot of sets but you have to apply the rules yourself

i'd be down to do a risk game if others want to

there's a really good x-com board game too yeah?

havent tried that one. the darkest dungeon is pretty cool but is pretty complex

I haven't either but I hear it's really fun, I bet you'd love it