Neptune's Pride

Ok I am really curious about who is who in this game. Me and @FrankGrimes are the only ones to share our names.

I hope orange isn't one of ours, because he is going down hard.

I could be wrong, but I think he is in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Anyone gimme tech to crush orange?

no worries nig, the chef is cookin sumthin up

im gettign owned in my 32 man real time game

that seems kinda crazy, I think I'm content with just 8

I read somewhere they had 64 man games at some point I think

the two people adjacent me are either like nolifing this game or just really cleverly queuing up their moves and both coordinating attacks on me.

i tried to use diplomacy to pit them against each other but it was no use.

well fucking rip this game

im just yoloing my ships into pink territory to fuck him over and conceding i believe that is the play.

Yeah those real-time games are a big nope for me. I like the turn based game we are playing.

fun game so far though. after this game we should get 8 namafia people in one and play with slightly tweaked settings

Still feel this way. I feel like I am missing something that will kick my ass in the late game.

Agreed.
The diplomacy, the alliances, the trades, the betrayal.
Mafia players would enjoy this.

The game seems hard at first, but is is so well balanced that any bad choices in the beginning don't matter that much.

@taste_my_rot how smart or dumb are the AI players? How aggressive are they?

no idea if I had to guess they're probably pretty passive

I hope so. I am about to find out.

Still feeling good about this game. But grimey is now taking the lead. And he has free stars to take over.

http://bit.ly/2N29XxQ

But I hope to get more work done with my 358 ships.If only I could go faster.

I think I am about to get my ass kicked. All the AI players hate me, and the real players are growing in strength.

@FrankGrimes Good luck with yellow. No offence, but I hope he attacks you before me.

Pay attention to "spitwad"'s ship count

And when Spitwad is done? What then? I am about to be fighting on three fronts. Maybe four soon.

That's where statecraft comes into play

imagine yourself to be otto von bismarck and try to do what he would in this situation

Bismarck's alliance system laid the foundations for the alliances of 1914 and had its origins in the so-called German wars of unification (1864 against Denmark, 1866 against Austria, and 1870–1871 against France). Following the German defeat of France in 1871 and the annexation of the French provinces of Alsace and Lorraine, the German Empire was founded, with a kaiser, William I, at its helm. Germany was one of the strongest military powers in Europe and was fast becoming the leading industrial power on the continent, and this newly powerful country at the heart of Europe, having emerged from a decade of success in war, seemed a tangible threat to the other great European powers, whatever its policies. Imperial Germany's first Chancellor, Otto von Bismarck, was concerned to avoid further conflict and to consolidate the gains the country had made in its three successful wars and its subsequent unification. His foreign policy eventually resulted in a complicated alliance system designed to ensure that what he considered a "nightmare of coalitions" against Germany would not threaten the new status quo. Bismarck declared that Germany was "satiated" following her recent unification and that it sought no further conflict with its neighbors. Historians now believe that his foreign policy was not always driven by the desire to establish a system of alliances, but that it amounted initially to a "system of stop-gaps." Underlying this policy, however, was Bismarck's desire to keep Germany allied to at least two other major powers and to prevent alliances from being forged against Germany. His particular concern was to keep France isolated and prevent it from forming closer ties with any of the other great powers.

1 Like