No Setup Mafia #1

that is extremely dumb.

I enjoyed the concept. I think k the koll change to require an action an more vanilla powers would be a lot more fun.

The kill change.

Yeah ultimately this game was a lot of fun and I think that we should maybe try some different variants of it again sometime. I think our newer players would handle vanilla games a little better but this setup has a lot of potential for replayability and potential outplay that I think it works great for the vets around here. Ideally we’d be able to play alongside a vanilla game and the nubs could sign that one to focus on learning core skills.

Ill let faz know that players recently have been pretty good and that he should come back. I always end up saying that to him but everyone played real well and nobody aped :)

Just wondering as nights only take 12 hours and it’s been 12 hours since night ended.

I’m not sure but you should pm the host instead of posting this.

Thanks will send him a link.

If you’re a moderator you can read Klaze’s PM’s; it may be wise to start the game yourself something must of happened to Klaze.

12 hours yea but hes probably sleeping give him some time.

I still don’t see it. Does anyone have any communication with him outside of the website?

**D1: **

Epok -> Unblock asoul+Factional Nightkill->Matticus
SCSF -> Seraph asoul
**Asoul -> Magician **
slowdive -> cop Kieran
bazingaboy -> Cop wintermute
matticus -> Cop Epok
huber: Tallier
kkat: Commuter
Big Benny: Commuter
rora -> Track Huber
Kieran -> Cop Magic

D2:

Rora -> Track Krazykat
Kksweet -> Cop bazinga
SCSF -> Kingmaker ALightsoul
Slowdive -> suicide bomb kkat
benny -> suicide bomb huber
asoul-> swithch tallier
kkat -> silence big benny
bazingaboy -> Missionary slowdive

Day one I copped magic btw

Setup discussion:

I think running this setup again but removing all the abilities that do anything decent would be fun. People who wanted to play roughly vanilla would get what they want. Consequences of not reading and understanding the role list would be minimized. You could have a handful of roles for people to choose from that really don’t do much of anything.

For all the people discussing complicated setups earlier:

You need novelty, complexity, variety in setups in order for these games not to suck. The setup just gives people something to discuss on d1. Without it, d1 just boils down to people shouting “You’re scum” at each other. Gets old pretty fast.

I understand there needs to be a balance here so new/infrequent players don’t feel too overwhelmed by mechanics.

Did I reply in the wrong thread

This is fine will be tailoring my custom game-mode for the next game. Going on a date shortly. Was a pleasure playing with all. :slight_smile:

I agree. This is the main reason why I chose this setup. It's also why I always post something polarizing on D1, to bruteforce people to post instead of shitflinging or not posting at all.

I have experience with board game crafting and designing interesting nights out and I am currently working on a revamped day 1 model which will rely on court-room type analysis. Changing the game up a bit will post more later

1 Like

Same to you. I how your game mode works out.

i merged days 1 2 and 3 and benny’s where is day 3 thread into this one. sorry i did it in a shit order, it was my frist time and i shoulda done 1 2 benny 3 lol. day 1 ends around post 650, day 2 ends around post 1160. day 3 ends shortly after :)