[POLL] Do Nmagane and big-benny cheat?

I want to tell this story as it’s genuinely hilarious (and I think mostly harmless)

The game you are talking about is Legion Commander Mafia by Electrowizard - I remember it extremely vividly, the lighting in my room, the weather, and everything along with it.
What happened - and @old_electrowizard_acc can confirm this - is that I was banned on my main account from that game, so I made an alt account (‘retorik’) and signed and got in.
At the same time, One Friend - not two - signed the game, also known as “Big-Benny” (account name ‘CooperativeCandle1’), Notjones was also in this game but he wouldn’t be considered an External friend here.
Notjones did not know that I was in the game under the name retorik and spilled the mafia list to me after he died (without me asking for it).
After that the retorik account was banned I believe - before I had a chance to get lynched or night killed, and was promptly zeused.
A day later - two days later - Benny was lynched. After his hammer; He asked me who mafia were, and I replied with the list since I knew it from NotJones. I told him that the day has ended and he shouldn’t post anymore to avoid breaking the rules, but regardless he posted it and that’s that.
Your story is clearly sensationalized and exaggerated and it’s just sad how Ignorant you are especially with how this stuff was all over the forum at the time.

2 Likes

what was the weather like?

It was fine.

Do you remember the exact date?

March 2017

First half of march 2017 - the latter half of the first week and the second week.

Serious tho, even if people are cheating unless you roll scum and one of the cheaters is scum on your team and tells his town teammate, I don’t think this should impact you at all. You still play the game as normal and have fun.

The only frustration I would draw is if I played good scum, but my fate was already decided because my teammate told his town friend that I was scum so that town would win or something.

This came up in the past on other boards I played on and the conclusion is that you can’t tell if someone is cheating definitively unless solid proof is provided, but if you enjoy playing the game then continue doing so. Just as you can’t know for certain if the person in a video game you’re up against is hacking/cheating, if you’re having fun anyway, that’s the key takeaway you should draw from the game.

2 Likes

People don’t find mafia fun on this forum unless they “win” (which is meaningless - there are no winners or losers in mafia).

That’s not to say that people don’t cheat at this game, people have been caught cheating in other places I’ve been on like some player registered multiple accounts and signed for the same game on mafia scum.

I know people would also team up on skype chat in epic mafia to help their friend get the best record on the site which was really stupid.

But whatever, you know, I think if the game isn’t fun for you then you shouldn’t be signing it. That’s the reason I ducked out for a few months. Some players here were really getting on my nerves so I needed to take a break. I forgot who those players are now so I can come back and play some games again.

Probably Alightsoul, good thing he’s gone now.

Did you never listen to me? I brought all of this up in the game… you guys both said two things that made me think it was Nma and you… but regardless I knew it was only one of them scum and both of them working together (with awareness of each other’s faction)

You flipped on us after we both said that Matty knew you for years and that makes his read on you more accurate - why is that?

good to get the full details on this particular incident. thank you.

I also brought it up all game. Benny and Nma could have still been scum but I had total faith in Nmagane’s read on Benny. If anything I thought Nmagane would be duping me because I viewed him as a better mafia player than Benny at that time.

Sorry.

We had fun though, didn’t we?

I have fun in every mafia game I play. Winning is not a thing in mafia.

Well I would rather play with people who want to win, rather than people who just want to have fun.

AFK players can’t “want to win” – that includes town and scum.