Rest In Peace

It is at times like these that we should remember to enjoy every moment we are given. We should remember to never take the good for granted, or to dwell on the bad out of self pity. There will always be misfortune in the world, but Claudia helped to show me how to be strong, and to keep focused in spite of everything. She was and remains the strongest person I've known.

If anyone has contact with her family, please send my regards when appropriate.

RIP Claudia, I hope we can meet again some day.

i think you are sort of out of field when comparing, or at the very least, you guys are talking passed eachother. i'm not going to delve too much, but she had things that she struggled with for herself, and there are people who were close to her and experienced those struggles as a result.

but that's nothing uncommon. and sometimes it's hard to know how to feel when you didn't have a real way of resolving a relationship that deteriorated - i speak from experience there. i didn't really have a great relationship with her in the later years for a lot of reasons, but in the end, i understood she was a person living with a lot of pain, pre cancer. when she shared her diagnosis, i definitely didn't know how to traverse the situation. just be around (here) if she needed the place to express or share anything. i found her surprisingly inspiring, given her situation, tbh. i am glad she is not suffering anymore.

2 Likes

it wasn't surprising that she was resilient - it was surprising how resilient. fuck cancer.

RIP

1 Like

No I completely agree. She was very much a person with complexity, with faults, but also great successes. I don't mean to say that she was some saint, it's just that she was always cordial and pleasant to me and she at least seemed the same towards everyone here, unless something provocative occurred.

She had a life outside of the forums that I imagine was just as complex. She had talked about her frustrations and aspirations for her loved ones, family members, people at work, anonymous patients, etc., all of it was fair game. I just think she was a very positive, active, open, and "real" presence to the community compared to people like me.

2 Likes

yeah, i'll give you that for sure

dw theres much less real people

1 Like

kittens, while recognizing how belligerent this place & nadota was, used to espouse that (in spite of that) it was like a family for her and I've always foudn that endearing in a way

4 Likes

Kittens read the room better than anyone. She could really spin up some biters for a troll or a really reasonable take on current events. Even if I disagreed I think she could figure out that and realize she was giving out the least extreme option out of all of her family members.

you guys really are a family of sorts to me

i dont think thats crazy for me to say. I feel that way about a lot of communities I help lead or am a part of. Ones that are full of very real and very enjoyable people.

2 Likes

losing kittens is a loss for our family, that's for sure.

4 Likes

people are only going to speak about how their own interactions with her went.

while this might be true, it doesn't do much good to discuss it now.
she had her own struggles to deal with well before she had cancer.

Is there a gofundme for her family or something?

really sad to hear this, i hope her family and friends are doing okay :(

2 Likes

probably not, as far as i know her family doesn't have any money problems and she's in canada so her family doesn't have huge medical bills to cover.

RIP. That's really sad.

1 Like

Rest in Peace kittens. You were a staple in the NADota community and you really will be missed.

I remember years back when a lot of people used to give me shit on here and in inhouse leagues, she still was always kind to me and we played a bunch of matches together.

wishing her family the best throughout this terrible journey.

4 Likes

I don't think that everyone is trying to treat her as a saint. We are sharing positive memories we have of her. I do not think she was a bad person. The last time I spoke to her she flamed me. But there are countless times before that where she was both civil and kind to me.

In death she deserves these positive memories being spoken about. The stories and testimonies people are sharing are true to who she is.

We all have flaws and so did she. But at least to me her good outweighed the bad. She has and always will be apart of our community.

6 Likes

@anon82208883 very well said.
Remember the good things.

I didn't interact with Kittens much, but during these last few months there were times it felt like she was being more amicable than usual, not just for her but for anyone on this site. Treating people like someone that knows they might be gone soon. When I think about that it fucks me up a little. Makes me rethink every little thing being said.

4 Likes