Rest In Peace

I thought she best the cancer? Last time I spoke w her she was in recovery. Wow.

At least she is at peace now.

She was pursuing alternative/non-western treatment once faced with palliative care, I'm guessing that wasn't covered by state insurance. Funerals aren't covered in Canada, either. If a memorial is posted I would guess it's up to her family if they want to set up a donation link.

This really hit me harder today. Found myself remembering the handful of Dota games I played with Kittens and the times I hung out on her stream. ; ^ ;

Definitely gonna call some people I haven't talked to in a while.

1 Like

nope, unfortunately. I'm not sure which kind, but it sounded like it was too late stage to be handleable.

I believe it developed from breast cancer. Remember to keep awareness about this with people you love.

1 Like

She got breast cancer. She did the usual things and beat it. Lost her boob and hair but got better.

And then it popped up in other places. Bad sign. She got other treatments, and it helped.

And then it popped up in more places. Really bad sign.

At that point you can only hope for a miracle.

But she kept fighting. Changing her diet, trying alternate medicines, whatever.

In the end, if cancer wants to kill you, it will. Sad but true.

2 Likes

:frowning: RIP

6 Likes

RIP she was a real one.

3 Likes

Take care of your health mental and physical, everyone.

I wish I was there for her in the end. 2000 miles and COVID are a bitch. At least I got to see her last year. Should I have done more? IDK, but here's a picture of her in happy times.

https://imgur.com/a/pxoeA1H

12 Likes

no caption other than this is my only titled work, called "claudia"

it was shot 1 day after we learned of her death. i just woke up sad about it and knew i had to capture something to reflect it. working on it helped me come to terms with some of the feelings about it, hopefully you all may get something out of it. let this be my small memorial token to you kittens, rest in eternal slumber

7 Likes

Is that the Big Bad Bird?

Ya, Eagle = The Big Bad Bird, but just Shane these days.

1 Like

welcome back dude

I remember gaming some with you and Kittens. Small things feel so big after you never get another chance at them.

1 Like

fuck this really just hit me hard again.

i really used to spend fucking hours of my day playing with kittens and friends.

it's so weird she's gone.

loss has always been my biggest fear. fuck.

1 Like

My last conversation with Claudia was sending more pics of my baby at her request. We didn't talk much about her illness other than to recognize that it was dire and shitty. I didn't recognize it in the moment, but upon reflection, I think she knew what was coming. I wish I had taken more time to talk with her before she went.

8 Likes

That kind of impending feeling must've been such an awful experience for her. I hope people keep it in mind when they consider past digressions involving her. I can't imagine what it'd be like to have to live with the notion and continue trying to move forward.