Site design

A lot of people pledged so if it has no prize pool it’s only by failure to follow up

I bet if you still follow up it is not too late for many of them

I have no doubt ewiz (one of the pledges) will raise some fake issue but the real pledges who weren’t just doing it to influence site policy will follow through

The icons aren’t consistently sized they scale to fit the size of the image

That’s the opposite of consistent

I also don’t think you should remove emojis - I like to have the maximum range of expression available. That could be someone’s favorite emoji and you removed it for no reason

If anything I would just remove any emoji bees uses because those ones are all bad and not funny enough.

No, I’m still down, but you said you didn’t want the first tournament to have a prize pool.

Also, the point of the prize pool was to generate activity on the site. I had said the tournament should be set-up so only registered members could join, would have to be active, etc. I'd still put in for this one, but would not again if we don't use it to incentivize site activity

streching small images always looks bad so unfortunately there is no middle solution here. we’ll just have varying sizes, im sure its okay. a select few hit the max and everything else fits under so its fine. i would also rather encourage custom emoji use over twitshit so theres that

also dont worry id only remove the ones people havent used or requested and aren’t classics. also the naming structure on some of em is shit and it doesnt gather like it should (i definitely shoulda had all the dota ones as d2____ lol) so ill be changing that too.

Epok can you make the emoji reactions increase in size as more people react

So a Casey with 5 people concurring would take up maybe 320x320

1 Like

will you pay me

:poggers:

What a great suggestion

RE: prize pool I’ll probably poke around with people when the final bracket opens

Committing now to pay $20 three months from now is not really a good strategy

And if we let dan hold the money he might go out and buy like 15 shades of lime green and neon blue to paint his apartment

1 Like

That’s why I wanted to set it up before the tournament, and you shot it down

1 Like

Apologize if you feel that way

I didn’t particularly feel my words had an impact on what people would ultimately do - I shared my opinion but everyone was just doing their own thing and plenty of people were saying they were going to chip in long after I shared those opinions

I get that you want to pin all the evils of the world on me but it’s much more likely that this is just an issue of nobody going around and collecting things

Which is why I stated I will follow up with those people that pledged when we are closer to the date as I expect many of them, like yourself, are still expecting to chip in

Also for the record I think your idea to force people to post on the site was retarded when you suggested it and is still retarded now

The correct way to draw people to the site isn’t to try to compel them because it’s a requirement of the tournament; the correct way is to make the site a better place than any other to discuss the game and the tournament

Did you see anyone posting “People shouldn’t be allowed to join IXDL if they aren’t on NADota” on the old site? Of course not. But there still were IXDL people there. Why? Because it had shit like leaderboards, good discussion threads, access to some of the top guys. And there were still plenty of top guys that didnt post or just came around every once in a while to check the leaderboards and the threads.

Bullshit. Everyone who wanted to chip in for the prize pool talked about doing it to incentivize activity on the site. That’d require doing it beforehand, and when the guy putting the tournament together says, “nah, let’s wait for the next one” then no one’s going to collect the money for the tournament. This one is squarely on you

No, everyone did not post about incentivizing activity. Many, if not all except you, wanted to contribute because they wanted the tournament to be cool. Additionally, Dan clearly said he was going to be in charge of the prize pool and shit. There’s no fucking way I"m going around asking people for money before the tournament starts and you know full well if I did that you would be harping on me from minute 0.

I want no involvement with the money and will only help direct people to send it to the winner when it’s the right time and when I see that noone else has followed up.

lol i feel a bit bad not with how i baited a number of my friends into the tournament, by saying it looked like we’d have a pretty good prizepool. but none of them are posting so who cares what they think >:^U

1 Like

Dan you are personally contributing to the downfall of human spirit by not manning up and making the emojis small for everyone. Just my two cents.

1 Like

Don’t do prize money.

We can do prize money

It’s nbd

I would be more worried that everybody’s friends play their matches

It’s still a while before we see a final bracket