Smoke Signals [POST GAME]

The problem is we had two troll hosts in a row

1 Like

9-man Matrix [SIGNUPS] [2/9] Next game has been hosted. Matrix Setup.

1 Like

Can you post the setup?

1 Like

You can look up Matrix setups on mafia scum, it most likely won't be much different.

1 Like

Most likely?

1 Like

Yes, we're not sure on the layout of the matrix yet - it may be randomized with our algorithm since the traditional one has been run so many times.

1 Like

Sounds fun on paper but I don't think It will be as balanced from the getgo

It will be as balanced as any setup with cops doctors and trackers.
You casting doubts onto even the most standard setups seems quite petty. It's not your fault the Fall League is failing, we all know you're way too busy - but there's no need for this type of vitriol.

1 Like

the general idea is to run a genetic algorithm on the tree: at each step nodes can be swapped or replaced. then sim the tree, the leaf node that has the least balanced winrates ancestry tree is then modified next.

simming can be done through a priority system (strongman > doctor, w/e) alongside drawing from a distribution that changes as you progress through days (i.e. town is more likely to vote town as you approach the end).

that's my best idea as to how to balance it.

if it's manicured by a human there's some interesting elements where the deepest node knows the entirety of the setup; one can place a PR that can't necessarily claim there. it's probably a superior format to matrix setups.

1 Like

No one cares

Agreed this is a great idea but it just should involve some sort of cypher in order to be interesting

didn't matticus make "kink mafia?": will not be working with him.

2 Likes

Something like

ABC BCD CDE

IF ABC -> F or D
IF BCD -> F or G
IF CDE -> F or H or I

IF ABCF ->
IF ABCD ->
IF BCDF ->

And so on

I dont get it those arent even words

It's like math for crazy people.
Try to to run a genetic algorithm on the tree and you might understand.

I will write out the setup tomorrow so you can understand

can we just play a vanilla game for once

like in 2 years i havent played one here