State of the Forum: 2023

just because you secretly have bi tendencies, and happen to be a degenerate yourself, does not mean the majority of gay people are. you're projecting

I don’t even know why you’re arguing with me about this, most gays do this shit, it’s not even controversial. The liberal view point is that they use this behavior as a coping mechanism due to repression and discrimination from society in general, they feel a lack of acceptance from society and this causes them to sort of “act out” when they can finally be free from judgement

My issue is when you try to assign a % value to "all gay people" as if that's even possible

Well I didn’t say “65% of gays do this shit” but I wouldn’t be surprised if someone found a study, I mean I think a soul posted something like 52% of gay men in a partnership continue to fuck other men, but yes it is definitely a majority of gay men having group sex, partying etc. the argument isn’t if they do this or not, they definitely do, it’s about whether they do it because they’re just degenerate sex fiends or if there’s some larger sociological issue that’s pushing them to act this way, e.g discrimination etc

The classic, “you have criticisms of unhealthy behavior therefore you must be gay”

Insom I think you secretly have FACIST tendencies

2 Likes

asoul is not a reliable source of information lmao what the fuck would he know about what % of gay men are super into partrying or even 'degenerate'? there's not a human on earth that can quantify that. he could tell you about the people he knows, and that's something, but the whole ass earth is a pretty big place

wouldn't shock me, but I'm not a racist and never will be so idk how they're planning on manifesting

Over 50% of gay and bisexual men have cheated on their partner, a new survey has found.

What’s more, almost half of that group believe their partner had no idea they were unfaithful. That’s according to a survey by the Health Equality and Rights Organization (HERO) for Britain’s FS Magazine.

After speaking to 961 gay and bisexual men, 52% reported cheating on their partner, with 45% believing the partner didn’t find out.

However, it’s likely that second figure is higher, as 58% of those surveyed reported that a partner had been unfaithful to them.

Of those who were unfaithful, 17% said they had contracted a sexually transmitted infection. And, if you need a reason never to trust anyone ever again, of the group that contracted an STI, 39% didn’t inform their partner

and this is related to doing drugs how? cheating is up across the board ever since tinder and grindr became popular

When did I say drug use is the only thing I’m talking about? I will say that drug and alcohol use is very common in the gay community but that’s another thing that isn’t even controversial

it wouldn't surprise me considering men are much less risk averse than women and have a more consistent sex drive on average. but quantifying this type of stuff comes down to more than just the facts and more about who is willing to admit they partake because of shame/stigma/pride. it's like how lesbians have the highest per capita reports of domestic violence or disputes i forget

Almost one-quarter of men (23.2%) and 19.2% of women indicated that they had "cheated" during their current relationship (i.e., engaged in sexual interactions with someone other than their partner that could jeopardize, or hurt, their relationship).

More than double the rate of heterosexuals, what are you arguing here?

Law of large numbers Facts for Kids.

The law of large numbers, or LLN for short, is a theorem from statistics. It states that if a random process is repeatedly observed, then the average of the observed values will be stable in the long run. This means that as the number of observations increases, the average of the observed values will get closer and closer to the expected value.

1 Like

midwit troglodyte hour.

HOMOSEXUALITY is a MENTAL ILLNESS and MENTAL ILLNESS has COMORBIDITIES WITH OTHER MENTAL ILLNESSES, such as BEING A DEGENERATE FREAK.

goyclub is a perfect microcosm of this example well put jones

I mean I literally posted the studies (not cherry-picked, just from the top of google) what do you mean "no human on earth can quantify that" - it's literally what the studies are measuring. It's well-measured and documented not some mystery black box

And no it's not 51%, the number is 70% plus of gay men in married relationships continue to have casual sex outside the relationship

The wild reckless sexual behavior is not a "minority subculture," it is gay culture. You know this by talking to any gay guy for any amount of time beyond a surface level. The fact you didn't get to the topic with your NPR neighbors just means you didn't get to that level of trust - and i"m not saying they do it and you just don't know, but let's be honest - you didn't talk about it. You didn't talk about their past letting 20 guys cum in their ass in a night and how they are now well-behaved, NPR-listening gay men. You didn't talk about their perspectives on what is now mainstream gay culture - that in the absence of a threat from HIV (due to advances in medical treatment) gays are now more reckless and this recklessness is now more mainstream because it's no longer a subculture constrained to places like SF as it was in the 80s.

But anyways actually talk to gay guys, get to know what their world is like, it's not really a point of debate here. For the ones who are actually fairly normal and want a nice, pleasant monogamous relationship like the one you describe, it is an absolute hellscape out there. Unrestrained recklessness is the rule, not the exception.

This is a funny topic because it is one of the cases with a progressive cause where the more I learned of the realities, the less I actually supported gay (specifically between men) marriage.

I grew up in a progressive place, all progressives have this image of the NPR gay couple you described. The truth doesn't match the myth.

You need to disabuse yourself of this notion that by virtue of being an underdog, one is automatically virtuous. The reality is that someone can be downtrodden & mistreated while also mistreating others & themselves. It's a hard lesson to learn and very disappointing to see it firsthand but I think necessary to view the world as it is

And just for context I am saying all this after coming back from dancing 1on1 and dinner (not in a homosexual way) with one of my gay friends/dance partners. We talk about this stuff - though somewhat politely because I think he has experienced some more nasty things in life. And for the record yes I do dance with guys and yes I am homophobic.