Texas Justice Day 3

I don’t really know if you need to change anything, this game is pretty good. Simplicity is king in this type of game. I like games where everyone is a power role. Maybe a cop with 1 charge of investigate who also has a shot kill?

If you really need to change it up: More scum might have been good, but you were definitely right about town yolo killing. Missed town shots throw the game really fast, but on the other hand the game ends fast. The bible vests would help with the random shots especially if you’re a player like benny or epok who seem to get meme killed more often than not. However if town plays perfectly it could get really imbalanced with everyone having a self doctor… Maybe have the mafia choose between guaranteed kills or role block? Mafia should not have bibles, would make the game way too different from the original spirit. Gun jammer seems silly imo unless there are more mafia. If someone is caught shooting they deserve to lose their bullet.

Don't you think this is a bit of a contradiction? Games are objectively better the less power roles there are I think (Obviously there should be some still - but the less the better).

Kill abilities don’t really complicate the game because people just die and that’s that, but yeah I see your point.

i’m definitely new, but i think the whole social/psychological aspect of the game, and using more mind games to figure out who’s mafia is more fun than abilities

When you have an airtight cop claim due to everyone knowing there has to be a cop then yes it is boring, but in closed/semi open setups where you can’t be sure if they’re lying or not it makes it a lot more fun. Without a direction for games to go into people just end up screaming into the void and it seems to be more luck based than anything. A game of all vanilla town versus mafia doesn’t seem too fun. This game is similar to all vanilla towns but the element of backing up your predictions with a bullet makes it interesting.

i rather liked this setup though 2v8 or whatever it was did seem quite daunting

That is why I chose this setup. I wanted everyone to have an ability to change the game. I get tired of players saying "I would have won this game if everyone listened to me."

Sorry @anon31000304 . I wanted more players so there would be 3 or 4 mafia players. In a big game where more people hold their shots on day 1, it would be a crazy shootout on night 2 or 3.

I mean I feel like I should’ve saved my shot but I expected to be the only person using it

I think no matter how big the game is everyone will use their shots asap.

Yeah I am afraid that you are right.
The first game that I ran, the 2 smartest players held their shots for night 2 or 3 (gamut and electrowiz.)
But they both got shot on night 1 and the game ended on the first night.

GG man, I definitely second guessed myself for a bit at the end.

@krazykat i was about to say that i thought that aspect was fun. its a short setup but a longwinded version of this seems not as fun – maybe you should give townspeople something to talk about day 1? everyone gets some random lore or something stupid

That would lead to stuff like what happened day 1 in the dungeon game where Klaze/Wintermute wanted to “confirm” people through role pm details (if you mean random PM by gets random lore).

i dunno, there are some solutions to that like banning explicit info/copy pasting, or make the lore easier to fakeclaim

It’s very hard to define those rules and there’s workarounds to all of them.
Plus, contrary to popular belief - Lore roleplaying makes games less active, not more.

Day 1 Use Item? More town PRs besides gunman? eat my ass?

That’s not “random lore” - but that would make the game more active, your right.

We need an ass eating thread.

Yeah I’m not going to argue that lore adds a level of game depth, I just wanted to think of ways to impact the game in a way that isnt deliberately making it last longer. other PRs I guess IS making it last longer, but atleast its generating some unique gameplay then

semi-open setup with cpr/weak doctor/faith healer? mirror? nurse?