TI8 - Discussion Thread

Classic agressif

apparently they forgot they weren’t allowed to swap heroes at TI, and then also weren’t allowed to swap seats. swapping seats would have been problematic anyway cuz of hotkeys and shit.

thats pretty hilarious, they won the game too

based EG

VGJ.T just threw a 16k lead and lost in 2 minutes against LGD, wasnt watching. anybody see what happened?

then they lost game 2 anyway BibleThump

almost 60 kills 25 mins in for og vs liquid

I’m gonna see it live with some old high school friends. Haven’t really paid attention to dota at all since ti4. Can anyone update me on the state of competitive dota? Who’s good now?

VP, LGD, Liquid were considered the top 3 coming into this tournament, with secret being the 4th but still a tier below. For the NA teams, EG/optic/VGJ.S are all decent, but I don’t genuinely believe any of them have a shot at winning it all. in terms of the game, dual lanes are the meta, top 5 heroes of the tournament so far are probably ench, CM, WK, willow, and tiny. thats just an estimate from what ive seen, clinkz has also been pretty popular, along with weaver.

Well damn sounds enitrky different lol

What’s a willow

new hero that got released at last TI i think. you can look her up if you want to see her skills, shes mostly played as a support but some pub players run her mid too.

willow is a support that does a shitload of damage

AOE root, short duration semi-invis (can’t target but can see where she is), some type of weird nuke that rips sick 360s in a close range around her and does assloads of damage and an AOE fear that causes nerds that get hit by it to run away like little bitches. I’ve never played her but she’s fairly common in pubs and a pretty solid pick right now

Good summary. I agree. I don't think Liquid will win it though. They are consistent at getting 2nd, 3rd, 4th at every tourney, but usually fail in the end to newer more creative drafts.

Idk what y’all have to say EG has been lights out and that iG game looked like they were just bored with the day’s games

EG lookin good

go paiN go newbee

VGJ.S 2-0ing secret :) very promising

serenity taking a game off VP makes me happy as well.

VG (the chinese team) looks absolutely lost, wouldn’t be surprised if they get dropped after this TI with the new pro circuit rules about orgs.

LGD liquid was a thriller there at the end. Nice play from LGD against the mass buybacks of liquid.

Liquid sure are good at making games close that they should just completely lose outright, they did this a lot at last years TI as well.