ww2

i don't think so

yes but by that argument mao would have lost the fight initially. without a solid unified front there would have been no movement to base an insurgency off. at least an organized one

maybe im the dumb dumb

i mean big doo doo dumbhead plays aside at the least the nationalists made the IJA bleed for ground

part of me wonders how few chinese actually identified or supported mao or kaishek and instead just wanted to get back at the japanese or fill their own rice bowl

imagine charging through rifle and machine gun fire equipped with a sword

Do you think they had a real unified front that cooperated? It was all symbolic. They were not cooperating in reality lol

i meant unified in that they could actually form front line to some degree. might have been just co opting local warlords and gang leaders but at least they had bodies in front of the IJA

meanwhile mao is running crying to daddy stalin

I think the front line you are imagining is actually just KMT getting fucked.

sino-soviet split mate

yea but getting fucked takes time. they put a decent show at shanghai but even when they were getting rolled it still forces the IJA to expend resources and time mopping up

was that during the war i thought it was after? i havent read too much on chinese history sadly and im referring to ww2 specifically

Yeah then you agreed with my initial post anyway. That is what I said. The KMT took the blows needed for the Japanese to lose.

i see so mao is an opportunist. im guessing china's history is packed with them considering it's upheaval and long history

mao was the opposite of an opportunist dude

he literally fought with his armies that's not something an opportunist does

no joke was he out there on the grind eating shit?

When it came to the war he was just smart. He shunned the bad warfare that the KMT was losing. People saw this and joined Mao's PLA by the tune of like a million from that alone. If you want to call that an opportunist I mean okay but he was just better and smarter than the KMT and Chang

I do remember reading one incident, he had bad sleeping problems and the front they were at started getting bombed, and he took sleeping pills and they had to carry him out on the bed kind of funny